Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened a few weeks ago.... It was a weird day.

UPS shows up and dumps what feels like a rolled up carpet runner on the porch, rings the doorbell and leaves. Wrong address. Besides, I didn't order anything.

I call the 1-800-PICK-UPS number and told them what happened. I asked them to check and see if the driver is still in the area - he is.

UPS: "Can you leave it on the porch for him?"
Me: "No problem."

It's gone within the hour.

A few minutes after the initial UPS delivery, another box shows up...Amazon. Doorbell rings and the driver splits. Wrong address. Again, I didn't order anything.

I call Amazon customer service and explain the situation.

Amazon: "Just refuse delivery and give it back to the mail carrier."
Me: "No can do. I never saw the deliver guy. I'm NOT taking a 25lb. box downtown to the post office."
Amazon: "Do you know the location of the correct address?"
Me: "I'm familiar with the area."
Amazon: "Can you take it there?"
Me: "HELL no I'm not. That's not my job. Can't you just have your delivery service come back and pick it up?
Amazon: "Feel free to throw the package in the trash, donate it or you can keep it. Thank you for calling."

What the heck?

The box was secured shut with "Whole Foods" tape. I better open it, it may contain perishables. I find a bag of rubber closet bar ends, 3 sets of sliding closet door "cups" and three other boxes.

I open the three other boxes and there's 10 passage door locksets and 4 privacy locksets....all matching.

lockset.jpg

I go to Amazon's web site, do some math and find out I have $300 worth of door knobs.

I can go out and buy three matching entry way locksets and swap them all out with my old ones but I'm really not feeling that ambitious right now.

I texting with my brother a few days later and told him what happened. He tells me a few years ago, his good friend ordered Fender bass strings from Amazon. They screwed up sent him a $2000 Fender bass. :thrasher:

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Never happens to me like that....

The thing is - changing door knobs is a royal PITA. They never fit right and you often have to make lots of modifications to the jambs and doors to make everything close like it should again.... Especially so if your house is old and the doors are warped (they all are)...

So unless The Wife overrules you - let sleeping dogs lie....

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
With some you can change the plate so you don't have to alter the door slab. It takes 5 minutes to change a knob.

·
Registered
19,501 Posts
Put it all on fleabay and make yourself some ammo $$!

·
Registered
10,760 Posts
My uncle ordered a depth finder that was on sale at BPS for less than $100 & got an $1100 one, being a good guy he called & returned it. He got his 2 days later express, with a Thank you.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Never happens to me like that....
The thing is - changing door knobs is a royal PITA. They never fit right and you often have to make lots of modifications to the jambs and doors to make everything close like it should again....
Welcome to my world, every project I attempt takes at least three trips to Home Depot to complete.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I ordered an item last week from Amazon. It shipped USPS. It arrived in Shreveport on the seventh at 9:30 am. It stayed there until the 10th at 9:45.
I live 80 miles from Shreveport which is an hour-fifteen minute drive. Hopeful it will get here before it frost. And the post office is wanting more money for a stamp !!!!!
Sorry about the rant, maybe Trump needs to talk to them...…...….

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
I ordered a high end paring knife from Amazon. Apparently they come three to a box, 'cause that's what I got.

I called Amazon and was told to keep the other two, they didn't want them back. So I had two nice gifts for friends.

On the other hand, I've also had occasions where they sent a prepaid mailing label to replace the one one the package, to send it back.

·
Premium Member
10,418 Posts
I would already have them listed on Ebay if they gifted them to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My uncle ordered a depth finder that was on sale at BPS for less than $100 & got an $1100 one, being a good guy he called & returned it. He got his 2 days later express, with a Thank you.
I feel a little pang of guilt keeping those locksets (they're pretty much useless to me) but I tried to return them. Maybe not as hard as I should have. I seriously worry about ba-chi (Japanese slang for bad karma).

When I first started reloading I bought a brick of primers from the local sporting goods store. The elderly lady working the register (I think she was the owner of the store) rang me up for the primers and the basket load of other stuff I needed and I drove home.

When I looked at the receipt, I was charged $2.95 for the entire brick, not $29.50. I drove back the next day to give them the balance owed. The guy at the gun counter thought I was nuts because I bothered to drive 30 miles round trip to square up. I told him you might not have a job down the road if you start giving stuff away.

I left with a 50% discount for my trouble.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts