Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Called Marlin today about the 1895RL. I made a post about the Marlin Cowboy in 32 H&R and someone asked about the 1895RL.

Here is what Marlin customer service said:

Because of design changes, cost and low customer demand, that is why Marlin dropped this model from production.

I also asked about the 336CB in 38-55 and that is still in production.

Marlin customer service is very nice to talk to. I asked why about the 1895RL and they have notes on why and there are happy to tell you.

I guess if we all band together and figure out what caliber we all would like to have, then call, mass mailing or whatever, seems like Marlin will build it if the design change is not that great. Also, the $$$$$ involved in making it.

I will shoot the first one: 336CB in 35 Remington.

Thanks, Allen

G

·
oh For the love of GOD dont get me started on this Cowboy model in .35 remington topic
this has been going on for a while..........back at the old Marlin talk days
I've been asking for one since the cowboy model came out and all I can say is some how make it happen!!!!!!

G

·
I've been fuming over the 1895RL ever since the first time I heard they were not gonna make it :( When I first heard they were I already had a Ruger in 480 , along with dies and brass. After hearing they were to bring out the 1895 in 480 ; I bought more brass , more weights of jacketed bullets and the then new RCBS mold :) Now I have all that stuff no Ruger and no MARLIN 1895RL :x

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Marlin does this crap all the time. They catalog something, and dont have anything to sell. People are chomping at the bits to get their hands on it, they cant get it and after a year they loose interest. Heck I wanted one AND would have bought one when I saw the catalog, by June I had other things on my mind. Like a .204, which I was able to go right out and buy, didnt have time to ponder and realize that I really didnt have a need for one. I have ben wondering what they will put in the catalog this year, that they dont have to sell, and come June people will be getting bored waiting.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Yep. I also had a little money rat-holed for an RL. It never appeared, so the $ went for ca. 1900 Steyrs. SW

G

·
big medicine said:
Marlin does this crap all the time. They catalog something, and dont have anything to sell. People are chomping at the bits to get their hands on it, they cant get it and after a year they loose interest. Heck I wanted one AND would have bought one when I saw the catalog, by June I had other things on my mind. Like a .204, which I was able to go right out and buy, didnt have time to ponder and realize that I really didnt have a need for one. I have ben wondering what they will put in the catalog this year, that they dont have to sell, and come June people will be getting bored waiting.
When the 1895M came out in the gun rags , I went to the local dealer and he had one in three weeks . I thought that was really UNUSUAL :shock: Normally they catalog and no show for awhile, but not with the 450 :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah that kinda sucks. I was going to get the RL and a Ruger SRH to go with (would complete my collection of Super Redhawks), So I'd have a levergun and handgun combination for all the SRHs (ok, have to shoot the .45 Colt in the SRH to stay with the 1894, or go with that ugly Puma, but this is my stoy!). Now, it's a no deal. Darn it.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
They are not making the 336CB in 38/55 any more. Glad I got mine!

·
Registered
440 Posts
adk big buck said:
oh For the love of GOD dont get me started on this Cowboy model in .35 remington topic
this has been going on for a while..........back at the old Marlin talk days
I've been asking for one since the cowboy model came out and all I can say is some how make it happen!!!!!!

Want ot start a new poll on the 35 Rem CB. It would not take long to throw one together from parts

We could not get a 32 H&R up here in Canada . That is why we did not buy any.
Never saw a 356 ER or a 375 W . That is why we never bought any.

Guess sales are slow at Marlin!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts