Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was on the temp board.

Recently on another site, a fellow advertised wanting to trade for "CAS" guns. His item for trade? A Vickers water cooled, belt-fed MG! :shock: Very tempting! So base was touched, but I still felt a little uneasy about the deal, and I thought about it for a couple days at work, then did some homework when I returned.

It seems the MG came with NO spares at all. Or a regulation tripod which I discovered would set me back major money. As would spares, belts and 303 Brit ammo by the case. That's not even talking about all the red tape & X-fer tax.

As it happened, the gent had pulled his ad so nothing came of it. I do not believe I would have traded multiple Marlins for it, but dang - it sure would have been fun!

Anyone else have any unusual trade offers to add? SW

·
Registered
719 Posts
trades?

how about 9 kats and two german shepherd dogs? :roll:

i'll even throw in a bag of food! :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Glad you revived the this post Hogger! it was getting interesting when the site dropped.
I got a nice Marlin in a trade for a 52 Chevy transmission! Friend had the ealry Marlin, and wanted to trade it for a tranny he needed. I found another friend with the tranny for $150, bought it, and traded for the Marlin! Everyone was happy!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
This topic has me thinking about things..... There's a hubble bubble sitting in the scope drawer. I've come to the conclusion that it may be a little too much scope for my needs.... just in idea stage for now....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
579 Posts
150 lbs 30 m-1 carbine brass for H&K P 9S. moodyholler

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That much M1 carbine brass? Sounds like somebody han an M2! SW

·
Registered
27 Posts
I suppose this isn't unheard of, but a guy about a year ago was looking for an older 4 wheel drive and had 6-10 guns to trade in return. Some nice older Remington 700's and some custom 700's which I am into. I think we'd have done the trade except he was over 15 hours away and it just couldn't work.

Too bad, because I sold the truck to get a mini van. :cry:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts