Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,720 Posts
That sure is a pretty rifle... I don't know about the roll marks though, maybe fire off a PM to Tomray....

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Looks a little weak at the start but otherwise looks normal to me.

·
Premium Member
10,668 Posts
I don't see anything but the results of a somewhat "worn" Roll mark Die..........I also see its a NEW Haven Rifle!...........That's pretty special in itself, to me............

Tom

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I quess I'm questioning why the "micro goove barrel" stamps looks like an afterthought. Anybody notice that.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
My '65 30-30 Texan is the exact same way. Right down to the "weak" T in the first letter of "The".

Everything else looks just fine to me. It's just the way they stamped them back then.

Bill

·
Premium Member
10,668 Posts
I quess I'm questioning why the "micro goove barrel" stamps looks like an afterthought. Anybody notice that.
I can't answer that, but I know various Roll Mark Dies were in play at different times...............That does look to be a die with an "Insert" added for the Micro Groove info...........But that's the best info or guess, on my part...........

Tom

Reactions: 336 Fan and mearl

·
Premium Member
14,467 Posts
Thanks guys. I'm relieved. I traded a 1990's Browning Buckmark .22 pistol for it. Even up.
I think you came out way ahead by a far piece on this deal......that is one beautiful old Marlin 30-30.............

........that ya really ought to sell to me. :flute: :biggrin:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Nice rifle, happy shootin'.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts