Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 1893 Marlin (32-40). I can't unload a loaded round from battery because the ejector contacts the rim and stops the bolt before the bullet completely clears the breech. The cartridge is under the maximum overall length according to the loading maunal.

Has anyone else experienced this or is there a trick for unloading a round from the chamber?

This is the first Marlin 1893 I've had my hands on.

Thanks for any advice you have.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Could it be the ejector is too long? The original 1895's were a longer action & may have a longer ejector than a 1893 that someone thought was the same & put in your gun. I thnk I'd try getting the extractor off the rim if I could so the bolt can be opened all the way & then push the ejector in with a small screwdriver so the round will come past it.
I dont know that the ejector is longer on a 1895 or not but it just occured to me.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
The shorter the cartridge, the longer the ejector. An 1893 and 1895 have a shorter ejector than a model 1894. If it has been changed, it may have an 1894 ejector in it, or even a .22 ejector, which is longer still.
All 1893's should cycle loaded rounds without a problem.
If your's does not, you have the wrong ejector, since you have already determined the case length is OK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts