Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Uncommon" Laminated stock set?

Can anyone provide some information as to why this stock set is considered special or one of a kind?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390288261503&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

...and why do I want it for my rifle? ;D

Id love to refinish my birch in a layer of ebony to try and recreate something like this set (saw someone do it to a walnut set on here I think) but I dont know how well the birch would show when done.

This is the second laminate set that the owner stated that "they hadn't seen one secured with a barrel band before" so it makes me interested.

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
Re: "Uncommon" Laminated stock set?

Eli Chaps said:
Barrel band forearms vs. end cap forearms are relatively rare with the laminate.
They are, but it's not worth $200 unless you really, really want it.

·
Banned
430 Posts

Look at Brockman's prices.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts

I recently picked up a set on ebay (for less than this set went for) for my 336SS and the seller thought they might have been "experimental". I've not ever seen a Marlin model with the barrel band laminate set. I think they must have been part of a limited run for a small distributor. It will be interesting to see how many of these show up now.

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts

It sold for $150, which is probably OK. I offered $100 and he didn't bite.

·
Registered
200 Posts

The Marlin price just for the Grey/Black Laminate pistol grip buttstock is $103 plus tax plus shipping for a total of $120.
I just got this price from Dan at the NC service call center less than a week ago (02/07/2011). This was "in stock".

The regular end cap type forearm to match is $33 plus tax. was "in stock".

I asked about the banded type forearm... Dan's answer... "Does not exist". So I think $150 plus the shipping is very fair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts