Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I haven't posted here, but I nose around a bit. This time I'm posting. My mom's older sister is mostly blind and somewhat deaf, but at 65+ is to vain to admit it. Her husband is one cool hand type fellow. Well after a mess of a vericose vein letting go, a scan of some medical type or the other found a lump in his lung. Life long smoker so yea you could see this coming. It's cancer, but what variety hasn't been determined. This guy has has played the second fiddle of the good husband all of my 40 years.

What is weirding me out is I saw him for the first time in about 10 years right before the diagnosis. What is messing with me is what if I saw him to say goodbye? I get fatalistic when confronted with this type stuff so maybe I need to be talked down from a ledge but it's tripping me up. Either way if you've got a minute send one up for Dave.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
292 Posts
I do believe that things happen for a reason, it's not weird, and you were put in his life after 10 years of being out of it. He may well need to lean on you, just talk, or you may be in training for someone else who will need you in the future. For whatever reason, you've been chosen. Prayers sent.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Hey Mark We'll send one up for your Uncle Dave.

Mark.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Prayers sent for Uncle Dave. The reason for your recent contact may come later, or may not. Regardless, there is a reason, if for nothing else but reflect on his life and learn from him.
Uncle Sid

·
Banned
8,174 Posts
Mark,I understand about you being weirded out,just imagine how he feels after being diagnosed.As you get older and closer to death ,so do all of your relatives.I watched all my uncles pass on and it was painful.And I am not saying the lung cancer will get him.Because ,caught at the right lime ,lung cancer can be beat.Just get to know him again and be there for him.And praying allot helps too!

Reactions: Reicher

·
Premium Member
9,845 Posts
Prayers for complete remission for your uncle and for patience and understanding for you sent from Goldthwaite, TX! John

·
Registered
11,566 Posts
Prayers Sent!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Best wishes to you and your family. Get him to a university program if you can. A good university hospital can generally do things that the average local one can't.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Prayers going out for your Uncle!!! May God Bless

·
Registered
968 Posts
Prayers sent.

·
Registered