Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Playing around on Gunbroker, seeing this 1951, 336A 35 Remington, unmolested waffle top, with an unknown reserve about to end. Just playing and threw $300 at it, thinking for sure the bid would be rejected, and darn if I didn't win it. Gun has seen some use, has a scratch on the butt, always wanted a 336A, so I guess now I have one.

·
Registered
21,089 Posts
Nice score!:tee:

Reactions: graymustang

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
The last time I tried to bid on anything on the internet my grandson wanted one of the red dragon toys from McDonalds after the How To Train Your Dragon movie. I bid on several full sets and eight or ten individual red dragons......... Won every darned one of 'em. Cost me over $100 for about $5 worth of toys. NO MORE "BIDDING" for me...

But congrats on your try. You fared far better than I did.

·
Super Moderator
26,091 Posts
Great pick up Graymustang! I like all my 336As--they are super accurate and I am sure yours will be too. I picked up a 1894CL 32-20 on GB too kinda by dumb luck. I placed my last bid 12 hours before the auction end and it was quickly pushed to my max bid. I wasn't going to place another bid in--I was at my self-imposed limit. Dang if no one else bid on the rifle for 12 hours--it ended up mine.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Oh you are going to love that Marlin in 35 Rem. Hits like a 30/06. If you reload, finding the casings right now may be a bit difficult. However, the closer we come to Dear Season, the powder, casings, and bullets show up.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
What sled is that you got there? looks like a good one for a lever gun...

Doc

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
That's a good one. I have all 3 A's in a row. 32 WS 1948, 30-30 Win 1949, and 35 Rem 1950. Perhaps it's your pic but the butt plate looks off. It should be black with the white spacer. Your's looks shiny like metal, but perhaps it's just the camera.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Good on you for getting a fine rifle. I always say every dog has his day , and it looks like you have had yours, Let us know how she shoots. If I aint mistaken your has ballard rifling. So cast should do very well in it. Again great looking rifle. those old ones with afew marks could tell some stories.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bassetman 1974, not sure what is up with the butt plate either, could be the white spacer gone wild, or some kind of wrong stock arrangement like an aluminum butt plate. Pretty much why I low balled the bid. Figure the gun to be a shooter and hunter, that may eventually get a new butt.

Reactions: bassetman1974

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Nice snag for a great price! :congrats:

·
Registered
376 Posts
The last time I tried to bid on anything on the internet my grandson wanted one of the red dragon toys from McDonalds after the How To Train Your Dragon movie. I bid on several full sets and eight or ten individual red dragons......... Won every darned one of 'em. Cost me over $100 for about $5 worth of toys. NO MORE "BIDDING" for me...

But congrats on your try. You fared far better than I did.
I have done the same, just not on that many auctions at one time.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.