Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on smallest buzz bait that will actually "buzz" This is smallest I could get to work well. These small blades are a pain to cut out. I lucked out on that too. A guy who was fishing near me came to investigate what
in the hell I was throwing. I was knocking out small bass and bluegills at a local lake, he wasn't. He wanted to buy
several and I told him I couldn't sell them because of time required to cut out blades by hand. Turned out he ran a
Laser cutter. So I made a deal, baits for blades on the spot. I have made several baits that required hand made
hardware. There is no way you can afford to have them stamped or cut commercially. I have looked into this before.
If you come up with a bait, you can't ma image.jpeg ke enough by hand, even with factory made hardware to break even. I am
now working on cutting mold for bodies so I don't have to blacksmith each one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
That is awesome! and those are TINY, heck of a new friend you made! :congrats:Truth to the old sayin' "its WHO you know".

·
Premium Member
4,273 Posts
Very nice work. What pound line do you work those with?

Andrew

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Very nice!!

I'll bet they are a pain to cast any distance?

·
Registered
13,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I throw these on 4lb. Trilene. My main UL Rod is made up on a Fenwick, glass blank that was intended as tip section for a fly rod.
With this rig I can get 30' with no effort. I'm not a expert with fly rod, feels like a brick on it. But I'm use to bugs & poppers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts