Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a scope on my 25-20 CL today, all I had was a cheap Bushnell until I can get a leupold 1x4, but at least I can see 50 yards now. She didn't want her picture taken, but I took it anyway. Hope to get a range report, but all I have is factory Remington 86 grain, and Winchester 86 grain. I would assume they shoot the same, but we will see.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,802 Posts
Hey Oregon,

Fine looking 25-20!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Oregon Stihl

·
Banned
2,803 Posts
You can buy a Leupold "Rifleman" 2-7x33mm scope for less than $300.
I have a dozen of them mounted on several rifles including Marlin 336s & 1895s and they are fantastic clear & accurate scopes that will stand up to the heaviest recoil.
These scopes have stood the test of time and all the abuse that Mother Nature and a stumblebum owner (me) could throw at them.
A real Leupy for less than $300 ........ you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have the same rifle in 32-20 that I shoot with a tang sight and do fair. But in the next few weeks I am putting a Nikon 2-7 on it to sight it in with 100 gr. XTP hollow Points around 1800 fps. I feel the need to make some coyotes lives uncomfortable with it, and think this will change my range from 100 to about 175 yards. I am keeping the tang sight on also sighted for 115 gr cast at 1080 FPS.
They are fun little rifles and I think the 25-20 is a neat round. I saw a 218 Bee last week at a gun show for 1050.00!
Let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Nice looking rifle!

Reactions: Oregon Stihl
1 - 6 of 6 Posts