Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,992 Posts
I read the follow up and it seems that he is now being charged as an instigator. The article said the prosecutor said he inserted himself into something he shouldn't have or something like that. I'll see if I can find the article again. As such he may have a legal battle ahead.

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms! Worked as an engineering
12,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is an update. It appears the shooter actually gave 1st Aid to the assailant after he shot him a a .40 cal. No mention of the State Attorney bring up questions you. Trust me, there will be a full investigation.

Sounds like the assailant may have been bluffing carrying a cell phone in his hand and shouting, "I've got a gun and am going to shoot you".

Darwin had it right - Don't bring a cell phone to a gun fight.

https://www.wesh.com/article/sherif...lled-man-who-threatened-to-shoot-him/22861177

AC

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
The guy claiming to have a gun is a convicted felon - long list of priors. I took him at his word and assumed from the story I read that he was a felon in possession of a firearm. Regardless, a good outcome.

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
"Stand your Ground?" The idiot came after the uber driver with what looked like a gun to me, on the video. It's not a matter of standing your ground, it's a matter of fight or flight. The victim (shooter) had a choice, flee and possibly get shot in the back or fight back and he chose to fight back. The agressor lost and the public is better off for it.
Andrew

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Imo.. the uber driver was justified for shooting the suspect.

It was dark, the suspect cuts off the uber driver in rage. Suspect jumps out of his truck pointing something at the uber driver & yells out "I have a gun." At that point, he's play stupid games, and he got the stupid prize.

The police said the suspect had a long history of crime. And it appears he was abusing his girlfriend.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
The Polk County Sheriff called it"good people have guns and they will shoot you". This is the same man that was asked why his men shot an escaped felon a certain number of times and he said that was all the ammo they had. I wish he was the man in Pinellas County.
Grady Judd is awesome, we need thousands more like him.

·
Registered
21,363 Posts
Wish he'd come down here and run that POS Scott Israel out of Broward! Looks like another story with a happy ending...good guy not hurt...and Darwin workin' his magic again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.