Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hi Doc

Thank you for the link. An interesting thread. I really don't know what is going on but hope it is a ploy by the Herstal for bargaining. I have heard through rumor control that Marlin is dropping the Model 39A. I hope not as it is a fine rifle. Parley

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope you are right Parley, and that the Herstal group is just trying for more tax concessions...

Just a few points here:

The license agreement over the Winchester name and trade-mark expires near the end of this year.

With the discontinuance of the 94-22 and 94-17 series rifles, there will not be a rimfire made with the "Winchester" roll stamp.

There have been murmurings around the net that the Browning division is in trouble as well- I have seen nothing substantiated.

As far as the 39-A goes, your guess is as good as mine, especially with the 94-22 out of the picture. Some one on this board called Marlin on the 39-A question, and their response is that it is NOT being dropped. This was before the news on USRAC though. I guess we just have to wait and see....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
729 Posts
There are so many things wrong in this country anymore it is past the point of fixing. American factories can't compete with other countries. I remember back in the middle fifties if you bought anything made in Japan it was pure junk made from tin and pot metal. They then hit on the electronics market and the rest is history. Now we can't compete with them and a lot of other foreign manufacturers in quality and price. We depend more and more on foreign goods as people are going to spend their money where they can get the most for less. In just the last 3 months I have seen things in the grocery store double and triple in price. Why? Tha American people had better get their head out of the sand and wakeup because it may already be too late. :shock:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Nightrain,you are SOOO right.It seems lately that the attitude is,"I have mine and everybody else can go to hell"In time past we looked out for our neighbor and helped him anyway possible,but now we are acting like a bunch of "Apartment dwellers" those who live in rented housing and have no more than absolutely necessary.What happened to caring about each other,and the belief that a community was like a chain with the strong links shoring up the weak. Too bad for us all when we turn away from the weak and let us all go down.That is what is happening.Care not if your neighbor has no job,hooray for me because I bought things he used to make, much cheaper thanks to slave labor.and cheap tariff.or no tariff at all..DONE--- BYE.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts