Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://t-grips.com/
from their site;

"Tyler Manufacturing has resumed production of the TYLER T-GRIPS and TRIGGER SHOES. After a lengthy family conflict I have been successful in taking over the ownership and management of Tyler Manufacturing. As of July 25, 2011 over 1000 shiny and flat black T-GRIPS have been manufactured and will be received by Tyler's customers within the next 7 to 10 days."

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
Re: Tyler T grips back in business

I'd suggest folks wait and see what happens here. There are many people who placed orders well over a year ago and have never received the products and this is not the first time that Tyler has supposedly been "ressurected".

The T-grip product is a good one and there is a continuing demand for them as escallating E-bay prices over the last year have proven. I've used them for years and like them very much with standard service stocks on J and K-frame Smiths, but the $75 to $125 being paid on E-bay is ludicrous.

I certainly hope the new owner is a responsible one and can get the company up and running and satisfying demand, but he has a huge hole to climb out of and there is no proof as of yet that any "backorders" are being filled or those customers who's checks and money orders were cashed over a year ago have received any product.

Until I see those issues rectified and reports of those customers being satisfied, I would not send any funds with simply a hope and a prayer...although my sincere wishes are for this old company to recover.

Roe

·
Banned
16,492 Posts

My backup S&W M49 from policing years ago has worn a Tyler T-Grip since 1982. It's not even too badly scratched. I think that one cost abount $7.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts

Barenjager....VERY well put sir.

I was in a similar situation as Tyler Mfg...TWICE. :-\ Both times I was able to ressurect the businesses but it is extremely difficult and I hope they make it.

Dave

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
Reports have been coming in over the last few days that folks that had placed orders as recently as March and April of this year and as long ago as the spring of 2010 are finally receiving the products they ordered. Comments on quality are positive as well...good news indeed.

At this point it looks like Mr. Matthews is being true to his word and covering the backorders as merchandise is produced. I'm sure it will be quite a strain, and not just financially, to make ammends for the practices of the old ownership. I wish him well and hope he can rebuild and recoup the goodwill lost over the past months. Time will tell, but I hope I can look forward to purchasing additional Tyler T-grips in the near future.

Roe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts