Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Two reasons to Hawg hunt...

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  marlin1 
#1 ·
Two small hams on the Big Green Egg. Yummy!

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
160 degrees minimum, and actually, Toxoplasma Gondii, is far more likely, as well as considerably more dangerous. Third leading cause of death from food borne illness.
Feral Hogs are far more likely to carry diseases and parasites than those that are farm raised, so it pays to be cautious

#9 ·
From what I've studied there is no truly safe temperature for pork. Raising disease free is the best bet. Maybe God's plan was correct after all

Reactions: rob42049
#12 ·
They were delicious.
I used my hunting partners tried and true method.
Injected with apple juice, lathered with yellow mustard,rubbed in favorite rub and overnight in refrigerator.
BGE to 250-300 indirect with pan with more apple juice underneath to catch drippings.
Check after 5 hours. Want internal temp to 185. Mine took 6hrs!
Remove from BGE, wrap with aluminum foil, wrap in towel and put in cooler like igloo,yeti for at least two hours. Internal temp will come to 200. Can be left in cooler 4-6 hours or probably till dinner time.

Remove, shred,pull or chop all the meat. Tell pullers to quit eating all the good parts and keep picking.
Add favorite BBQ sauce and enjoy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.