Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple years ago a man at church that my boys, my wife, and I all called Pa passed away. Pa and Granny were closer to us than a lot of blood kin people. Today at church Granny borough me and each boy one of Pa's knives. She gave me this Case 3318 that has never been sharpened. I'll treasure it more than a lot of my more expensive knives.

The second one I just picked up off eBay. I've wanted a loomfixer for a while now. So I rescued this old 6 dot. If this keeps up I might just turn into one of those Case guys. Hmmmm.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,807 Posts
Hey 26,

Those are some fine looking Case Folders.

Being as the Zippo/Case Factory is only a couple hours North of me............ The "Tour" is a great time. A slice of "yesteryear". (at least the last time I was up there)

Later, Mark

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Golphin if ya like Case and made in the USA, take a look at the GEC knives. They're spendy, but they're as good or better than Case used to be.

I personally love OLDER Case knives. I'm not crazy about them from the 90's on. Case stopped making good working knives years ago and went to making collector knives unfortunately. Now recently they seemed to have improved some, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from all the soft stainless, no snap, poor fit and finish that I've seen in newer Case knives.

That said, this old 6 dot loom fixer (6217) I've been packing for the last few days is a bona fide man's knife! It's a hand full of honest steel, great metal, half stops that snap harder than most knives close, snap that'll wake the dead, and it'll hold an edge. When Case starts building like this or my old XX 6375's again I'll be a Case man for sure. Until then I'll stick with the older ones when I can afford them!

Reactions: Catherine
1 - 7 of 7 Posts