Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goblers 3-18-14 013.JPG Goblers 3-18-14 016.JPG Goblers 3-18-14 018.JPG Goblers 3-18-14 024.JPG Goblers 3-18-14 032.JPG I could have shot the Gobblers easy enough but choose to do the shooting with a camera. It is not like I called them up we just happen to live next door to each other. Hope you enjoy looking at the pictures half as much as I enjoyed taking the pictures. We have had about 5 inches of rain the last two days. I guess the hens are picking the bugs out of the water. The Gobblers were showing at each other about 20 yards over in the pasture. The one on the right just sat down out there for a while.

·
Premium Member
11,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are they gobbling good also? The best sound in the woods.
I am sure they are but I did not hear them today. The two of them were acting like a couple of pumped up 20 year olds so I am sure they are gobbling some also.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I am sure they are but I did not hear them today. The two of them were acting like a couple of pumped up 20 year olds so I am sure they are gobbling some also.
Thanks. Ours should be gobbling a little. I have not got out yet, but will soon. I usually hear a few from my yard.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Turkeys seem to like water sometimes. I've seen them wading up to their beards, picking up acorns in flooded oaks in the river bottoms here.

In one of the funniest things I've every seen turkeys do, I was trying take some pictures of a bunch of freshly hatched poults alongside a spring run once. The old hen got spooked and flew across the run away from me. I walked up to get closer to the little fellas, thinking I had them cornered against the water. They simply turned and swam across in a bunch, looking just like a flock of duckings!:)

·
Premium Member
11,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Leslie I am think these girls were picking bugs and worms out of the water. It was flood water as that does not go under water but about once every 10 years. I agree with you they have no problems with getting wet. That surprised me for some reason. The Gobblers wadded through it but I don't think they were worried about food at the time I was watching them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I called two gobblers up to a shallow canal once, expecting them to hang up at the edge of the water. They just waded across a foot and a half of water like it was nothing.

·
Premium Member
11,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know you speak the truth none of these Turkeys had any problem with getting their feet wet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts