Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Could two .32WSP rifles from the same year be configured differently? Both have an E prefix, 1948. One has a full length magazine tube and a barrel band about a couple inches from the end of the fore end, the other has a half magazine tube and an end cap.

This is what happens when I go looking for hyphenateds, I end up finding completely new models I have no knowledge of :hmmmm:

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Yes, need pics but probably and RC and an SC or possibly an A rifle.

·
Registered
376 Posts
1948 could be rather a model 36 or 336. The one with a full magazine and barrel bands will be a C as in 36C or 336C, with C for Carbine. The other could be either a 36A, 36ADL 36SC, 336A, 336ADL or 336SC. The A is a rifle with a longer 24" barrel, the ADL is a Deluxe A, the SC is Sporting carbine with a 20" barrel. These models have the shorter magazine, and a fore end with a cap instead of a barrel band.

·
Registered
661 Posts
There you have it, clear as mud. If the end cap model is indeed an A or ADL you'll turn a few guys green.

·
Super Moderator
25,165 Posts
To give you some idea of what the SC and A models look like----This is what my '52 336SC in 30-30 looks like.
DSCN0508.JPG

This is what my '49 336A in 32 WSP looks like.
IMGP0174.JPG

Reactions: mrguvna

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know it's hard to say without pictures, but what are these going for? Both need work, one needs the stocks refinished, the other has a silver dollar sized rust spot on the receiver.

·
Super Moderator
25,165 Posts
Both of mine are in VG+ condition and I got them for 450 bucks each on GB. But--that was last year and the prices seem to be going up. I can't find either one of these models at my LGSs. Local prices will depend on your market. Junker JM 336C 30-30s are going for 500 bucks in my area. If I had found these locally--I would have had to pay something around 650-700 bucks for them. Pretty outrageous but JM models not being made anymore are increasing in price--just the way it is.

Reactions: 599ma
1 - 8 of 8 Posts