Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe this. None listed for over three months and now there are two listed and I'm out of dinero, cabbage, coinage, pocket paper, green stuff, billage, etc.......

Hopefully somebody that's going to attend the Southeast MarlinOwners Shoot in May will buy one of these and bring along for me to see.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Didn't know they made those! Add another to my want list! :eek:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've got one and its shoots like a house-a-fire. I'm hoping to use it to shoot an antelope this fall if I draw, but I've set my limit pretty short, so that idea may be out way out in the high desert. I can get 2.5" groups with leverevolution scoped. Great guns.

SM

·
Registered
839 Posts
Donate blood plasma...lots of it!! Hell, maybe some other bodily proteins. :D You are the ported Marlin Champion, please do what it takes man.

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Nothing to do now except got forward and get one of them! You know they aint making them anymore, and you know you will regret not buying one, and regret is a terrible burden to bear! :'(

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
You had better jump on that remaining CP. It is my best shooting 357 Marlin of the 3 I own. The only thing to make a CP better is to get rid of the ramp front sight and that silly hood.

My daughter bought one about a year ago for $550 IIRC. They are neat trim little guns. A not-so-tall guys can carry it, arm extended. easy to pack inthe field and mine fits in a smallish, archery-type hard shell gun case.

Papalote

·
Registered
431 Posts
The one that sold from ore I saw for sale somewhere else and the guy said he had shot several hundred rounds threw it at the range.Good you passed one that for 789 $

·
Registered
274 Posts
The one that's left is the better looking of the two anyway, very clean. It won't come cheap, good luck gunner, hope you get it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have only ever seen one 1894CP in person (it is mine now) and I go to gun shows just about every month. Either people are hoarding these guns or there really aren't many out there.

When you get the opportunity to buy a nice one, go for it. You will not regret it.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Are you guys tired of educating me yet? Because I need some more of it. What makes the 1894CP so desirable to own? I'm not a big fan of checkered furniture and don't really understand the need for porting on a .357. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
The CP is a 16", rifle furnitured, blued steel and walnut lever action. It is a small package with capacity. They were only catalogued for a few years when the porting craze was in full bloom. While the ports are somewhat novel, the package is what marlin should have produce in all calibers.
Be it the ports, low production numbers or the barrel length, some folks are drawn to the departure from standard offerings.

for instance, take a look at the models listed in 1895Gunners tag lines. Most (all) are shorter than 20" and most (all?) were ported at the factory. This is the sickness I endure as well.

Papalote

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Tell you what to do 1895Gunner. Go to all of your neighbors and tell them that you have a rare disease that can be cured for a little while if you just had the money. Take all the donations that you can. Sell blood and other items mentioned and get that rifle. ::) You know that you have got to have it. It’s the PORTED form of Marlinitis. Go for it. ;) ;D

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
1895Gunner

Just pony up, you can do it!! OR someone else is going to get it, and with all this talk on the post here, it'll probably be another Marlinowner member!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you's guys are a very bad influence. I started the thread out saying I'm out of gun money and you tell me to sell blood, bodily parts and tell stories to my neighbors in hopes for donations. I love this place. ;D I'm still watching......

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Who us. ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tomorrow night at 7:57pm eastern time somebody is gunna be the proud owner of a fine little Marlin. Tick tock, tick tock.......

1 - 20 of 37 Posts