Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats to all of you that have harvested a turkey this year.:):congrats:
I thought I would post a couple of pics of my turkey gun. It is a Birmingham England 10 gauge SxS. Made for trade sales, like Marlin/Glenfields, it is not marked with the makers name. The locks are neatly stamped Jas Cooper. The barrels were originally 11 bore with very bad belled muzzles. It would shoot a nice round 30'' pattern at thirty yards with a 15" hole in the center. The ribs were separating too so I sent it off for work. The barrels were bobbed 1-1/4", rejoined and sent to Gene Reehm to be bored and jug choked full and fuller. They were then rebrowned. You really don't get just how big this shotgun is from the pictures, it is a load to haul all day, believe me.
DSCN0704.JPG DSCN0705.JPG

No gobbler to post with Mr. Cooper yet:( they seem to have abandoned my honey hole this year.

·
Registered
17,047 Posts
Steve,
Season open three more weeks here. I don't know how it is there. Keep trying,the old boy deserves to collect a turkey. Nothing better than walnut and steel. Beautiful piece.

Rob

Reactions: Steve_In

·
Registered
20,517 Posts
Beautiful shotgun! My shoulder hurts just thinkin' bout pullin' the trigger!

Reactions: Steve_In

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rob I would love to hunt the the Black Hills someday. Our season ends on Mother's day and hunts around here are by second chance draw on public ground so chances are slim.
Marlinluvr it really isn't too bad, the English perfected stock shape for heavy recoil. I am only shooting a 1-7/8 shot 4-1/2 dram 2ffg Goex load.
RCO it is the only shotgun I turkey hunt with. With care it has gone off even after a day in the rain.

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
Very nice. May feel heavy carrying around all day, but it's going to feel light as a feather after you knock down that next big bird!

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
That has got to be fun to use... be it heavy or not.. :biggrin:
Very nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts