Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am trying to get a 336 in .35 remington. It is turning out to be alot harder than I thought. I looked for a place to order one and the cheapest place by far was wallyworld at $343. Well I ordered it last Thursday and they tell me today that the distributor is out and has no idea when they will get another one.
I tried tried to contact Marlin but was transferred to an answering machine.
Anyone have an idea on where to get one at a decnt price??
I am about to just give up on this gun.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most of those end up costing almost as much as a new gun when factoring in shipping and FFL transfer.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
You might try some local gun shows, or other local dealers and have them order one. Walmart only orders from one dist. where a local dealer can order from anyone.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Yes.

Gander Mountain had at least two in the system before I bought mine last week. They put in a comouter hold and ship and it took about a week for it to come in. Mine was New in Box but the serial # proved it to be made in 2003. So apparently it has been in the system for a while. They may still have that other 35 in the system with your name on it.

Mine cost $369.99

Also be aware that frequently the Wal-Mart models are not black walnut stock but a lesser quality hardwood. At least with the 30-30's this is true. That is why they can offer it at $20-$40 less than other places.

Also Guns america had several for sale. One was new in box at I think $365. But you will have to pay some form of shipping etc.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Wish I had some money! Personally I love the looks of the SC's and A's. As more Marlins find a home here there will be few with barrel bands.

B.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
A few post down PA Ridgerunner has a 336D for sale. It is a 35 Rem guide gun. It has the short mag tube, 18.5 inch ported barrel. Might be just the ticket.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
35hunter said:
Truly awesome wood on that one, MM93. Might have to put in a bid myself! 8)
Yes, it sure is! I was torn between this one, and the other that he restocked. I decided I wanted something he had put his personal touch into, rather than this nice orginal gun.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Dang MM93, that's a beautiful rifle!

Allan, you may want to bid on this one. the only reason I don't is because I already own a SC and I have bought waaay too many guns lately. If you want me to make a few calls for you I will be glad to, just send an e-mail or private message. DO NOT give up on owning a .35!

The .35 is not plentiful here in Alabama but there are a few and for decent prices. They are used but in great shape.

SS

·
Registered
479 Posts
ALLAN said:
Most of those end up costing almost as much as a new gun when factoring in shipping and FFL transfer.
I respectfully disagree. I have picked up many (trust me) Marlin leverguns at fantastic prices at those two auction sites.
If you are patient and have perseverance, you will find a nice one for as little as $175 !!!
Even when you factor in the maybe $20 shipping and the FFL fee, it is still a bargoooon.....

Good luck and keep the faith.

Ranger

·
Registered
137 Posts
ALLAN I do not know where you hale from but around the shops in Pa they are readily available. $335 buys you a new 336 35 Rem and the shop up the street has 8 in stock new and 2 LNIB sitting on the used rack for $225. PaRR

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pa Ridge Runner said:
ALLAN I do not know where you hale from but around the shops in Pa they are readily available. $335 buys you a new 336 35 Rem and the shop up the street has 8 in stock new and 2 LNIB sitting on the used rack for $225. PaRR
Is this shop near a major airport?? I fly free soI can fly up no problem. :)

I appreciate the help guys. Here in DFW the .35 is really hard to find.

·
Registered
50 Posts
yes it is ABE international is about 20 minutes from the shop. won't do you much good though without your FFL or those you are planning to have the rifle sent to. PaRR is talking about my shop, I'm his uncle
I've bought a bunch of guns with my FFL and the shipping on a rifle is usually under $20, if you got a good arrangement with your local dealer his copy shouldn't cost you nothing so all you're really adding to the price is $20 ( unless you rent a car and drive it up to the shop)
Here's a trick if you find a gun on an auction site insist on a 3 day inspection/ full $ back upon return before you buy. WAK

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Wak! Where have you been? I've been worried sick about you. Not really, but I have wondered.

How's the shop?

Too bad the great state of Pennsylvania went to Kerry.

SS

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
waknstak said:
yes it is ABE international is about 20 minutes from the shop. won't do you much good though without your FFL or those you are planning to have the rifle sent to. PaRR is talking about my shop, I'm his uncle
I've bought a bunch of guns with my FFL and the shipping on a rifle is usually under $20, if you got a good arrangement with your local dealer his copy shouldn't cost you nothing so all you're really adding to the price is $20 ( unless you rent a car and drive it up to the shop)
Here's a trick if you find a gun on an auction site insist on a 3 day inspection/ full $ back upon return before you buy. WAK
Let me see if I can find someone to do a tranfer at a decent price. If not I could just fly up and buy one.
thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
You can't just "fly up and buy one" as federal law prohibits out of state sales in all 50 states. Even if you're there in person, you must do a transfer through an FFL unless it's a "non-gun" such as a muzzleloader or antique gun.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts