·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a Nesco with I think an 8" blade, will slice paper thin to 9/16" slab, just pulled the roast out of the oven, temp @ 137*, so a bit rare medium style, set in fridge to cool along with the gravy, now I'll go and slice the peppers and get them done. Pics to come.

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tasted very good. washed it down with a pink moscato wine, slightly chilled,this was only a few ounces shy of 3lbs, got quite a bit of meat for sandwiches in the future along with the gravy...both are in the freezer. The meat was rare, but when put in the hot gravy for a minute to warm, the pink disappeared really fast. Unfortunately we could not find Italian rolls but opted instead for Italian bread that we halved length wise and then cut into a manageable size. NOW the Mrs. understands why I want the rolls so badly, bread just don't cut it, I do have a recipe for rolls.....I guess I'll have to do it since up here where a lot of folks are of German decent, the Italian bread makers just don't get up here. Two more pics, one of the cooked roast and a few slices of beef on the back side of the slicer.
Food Dish Cuisine Rinderbraten Ingredient
Food Dish Cuisine Ingredient Meat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.