Marlin Firearms Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Thanks Basset, heck I've had the parts kit for a while.
Been raing most the day and said what the heck.
Colored the hair line.
Whatcha think ?

RP
Yup, his hair is definitely signature! Great job! What did you use to color it and how did you do it?

I lost out on getting a MAGA-15. But, I did get 2(!) VIRGINIA-15's! These are the ones that a portion of the sales goes directly to VCDL. The design is the Virginia state flag patriot and SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS for the safety selections. I finished building the 1st out today too! First time installing a buffer tube and quickly proceeded to mangle the takedown pin spring. Luckily the kit came with an extra.

Reactions: cajun56 and Pereira

·
Registered
10,351 Posts
Thanks first LL, I just used a Bic fine point permanent marker.
Just followed the lines, waited a few mins. then with a little Hoppe's I easily wiped off the excess.

RP

·
Registered
610 Posts
Thanks first LL, I just used a Bic fine point permanent marker.
Just followed the lines, waited a few mins. then with a little Hoppe's I easily wiped off the excess.

RP
Thanks, Pereira! The Hoppes made the difference in the clean up. I used these Lacquer Stik fill-in paints.

This is PSA's edition of which a portion of the proceeds went to VCDL. The best part is the SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS! I waited too long to get a MAGA one.

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
After Beta male O'Rourke shot his mouth off, PSA offered the BETO15 lower for a while. Instead of SAFE and FIRE, it had "HELL YES" and "HELL NO" engraved by the selector. There was a nine week backorder!

·
Premium Member
14,353 Posts

·
Registered
10,351 Posts
They have a Gadsden flag one.

RP

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I am not into gimmick lowers. But yes a Confederate Lower I might buy. I have some small Confederate flags here I am going to make me a carnival virus mask from one of them. Think Walmart will let me in?

The trump one would go great with a Trump banned Bumpstock mounted to it.. You would have a real nice illegal memorable collectible then fellas. LOL

I have one of PSAs M16A2 retro lowers and like it alot.would get another, but it looks like they raised the price from 49.00 to like 80.00 now. Guess their production costs went up sharply over a very short period ,LOL

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Interesting, but it probably won't be as rare as an Obummer one.
Obummer logo only deserves to be on a toilet or on a toilet plunger product. To have that name on anything else is a disgrace.

Reactions: wilecoyote

·
Registered
709 Posts
I believe that any workshop that personalizes brass plates has a pantograph, that is a gizmo that reproduces and engraves on metal, in the desired proportions, a design previously traced on paper or other support.
reproducing a simple traced sign like a flag or something else on a lower should not be a problem, even without more sophisticated industrial processes such as laser engraving.
(here they are quite common, but I've always kept away from it, because I know very well what I would end up with engraving, but maybe it's me)

41 - 57 of 57 Posts