Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Truck Seat Slip Covers.

1K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  utahtrapper 
#1 ·
Been looking at slip covers for my truck. I recently bought a super clean 04 Silverado 1500 extended cab with only 128K on the clock. Except for a couple cigarette burns in the carpet, the interior is near perfect. The seats are in very good condition and I want to keep them that way. I'm wondering if I should do slip covers and if I do, what kind. I like the idea of neoprene. They look like they'd fit snug.

I'm sure a few of y'all here have dolled up your rides. Let me know what you know about slip covers, and any other useful accessories. I'm also thinking Tech Mats too.

Reactions: kobeinu
#3 ·
Carhartt was among the first to get my attention, but I'm concerned they will fade. I'm a Carhartt guy for the past 22 years, coats, pants, tees and coveralls. I love their stuff but their duck work wear seems to sun fade in about two to three years. I dunno if the seat covers are UV protected. I looked but could not find info.

Reactions: kobeinu
#5 ·
Most automotive glass is UV blocking. You can check this by wearing glasses that darken in the sunlight but not inside cars and trucks. Just hold the glasses close to the windows
Plus your aren't gonna be washing t h e seatcovers like you would a jacket.
Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Marathon, they aren't cheap but they are high quality. They are not generic fit, they are cut for your seats. I had them in an F150 for 6 years and I've had them in my F250 now for 5 years, they look just as good as the day I put them in. Another vote for WeatherTech mats.
jk

Reactions: kobeinu and scorpio
#8 · (Edited)
I’ve had Cover King seat covers on my last two trucks & it definitely helped my trade in value on my first one that I had for 18 years. The interior looked just like it was brand new when I removed the covers before trading it in so I did the same again. Easily recouped the cost at trade in. I went with the Ultisuede custom fit covers both times & was very happy.

#10 ·
That's who made my seat covers for my Titan. Cover King! I have bucket seats in my Titan in front, bench seat in back. I didn't want seat covers for back as I'm not trading in my Titan, it's my race truck! lol!
Husky floor mats in Titan, came from Pull-A-Part, cheap! Had to clean them, worth the $10 I spent on them!

ca'jun56

#11 ·
Weathertech floor mats are expensive but I love mine. The wife had some seat covers made. Took forever. Cost more. Every single person who gets in her car comments on her "interior" and she loves it. The oil change shop puts trash bags on her seat before they get in and move her car. Probably her idea but she gets attention at automotive anything stores.

Reactions: scorpio
#13 ·
I use Weathetech mats in all of our vehicles. In my Suburban, I have the Weathertech seat covers on the second row buckets, to protect them from the big dogs nails and the dirt they bring in. The seat covers wash up easily and have not had any tears or worm areas after three years.
I did try Neoprene covers in my kid's Jeep, they did not stay in place and fit sloppily.
Andrew

Reactions: scorpio
#16 ·
Carharts I've used for two years with no issues. The ones I had before were from Walmart at about $20 per seat and lasted six months at best.

#17 ·
Carharts I've used for two years with no issues.
It looks like Carhartt is the front runner here, and by comparison there is quite a bit of dissatisfaction for Neosupreme/Neoprene.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I'm a Carhartt believer for over 20 years, making the brand one of my first top considerations. The problem I have with the Carhartt covers is they look like they fit loosely, at least that's the impression I got from the images in the advertisements. Loose fit = slipping around.

Here, the main complaint with Neosupreme is that they slip and slide. So, now I'm a little confused because the Neosupreme appear to be very form fitting and they are very highly rated, thousands of ratings averaging nearly five stars in all the major reseller sites.

I gotta be honest, I'm still leaning towards Neosupreme. First reason, when I get in my vehicle after work, I'm often times drenched in sweat, sometimes rain soaked with that wet dog smell, which has imbued a rather unpleasant odor into the seats.

While the Carhartt are machine washable, it's a lot of work and the fabric will likely shrink. Every carhartt garment I've owned has shrunk considerably after the first washing. Second, Camo. Carhartt is not offered in many camo patterns (I think only one actually). I really want to go with a pattern that jazzes up the interior, but also to help hide the grime I bring into the vehicle after a day of landscaping.

Here is what I'm currently considering.

Mossy Oak Elements Manta
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/oT0AAOSw6WVdESm2/s-l640.jpg

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/n9AAAOSwJ3ddESaD/s-l400.jpg

I also like Kryptek's reptilian pattern Yeti because the truck is white and it matches very nicely, but they'd get filthy in no time.

https://images.carid.com/coverking/seat-covers/info/kryptek-yetti-seat-covers.jpg

#24 ·
My Carharts don't slide around at all. I have not washed them. They are dark grey/almost black. I am an automotive technician and am usually pretty dirty at the end of the day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.