Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Win. 94 will not let me get other rounds in loading gate after first one is in. If I do not insert round completely, I can fill tube mag. It cycles and shoots fine, what would be the fix for this? Thanks...

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
Black coyote
I have a 94 30-30 and for years i thouught i had the same prob. It wasent untill i started putting plenty of rounds through it that i realisied i wasent pressing the loading gate hard enough, or mabee it just needed running in. Even still the loading gate has to squese past the back of the last case in the tube. My 94 is a 1968 mod but had only shot about 70 or 80 rounds untill i started leaver action silhouette two years ago. If your rifle is about the same mod. it might just need more work like mine did.

A quick fix might be to take out the loading gate (carefully) and file a slight bevel (round off) on the inside front of the gate so it slides past the back of the last case in the tube a little easier. Hope this fixes your problem.

AVAGOODN
GUS

·
Registered
605 Posts
My Win. 94 will not let me get other rounds in loading gate after first one is in. If I do not insert round completely, I can fill tube mag. It cycles and shoots fine, what would be the fix for this? Thanks...
My new (Japanese) Win 94 works the same way. I thought it was odd that it only works if you feed them up to the rim only, but that's also how it says to load 'em in the manual that came with my rifle.

Chris.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I leave the rim sticking out of the loading gate and finish loading by pushing it into the magazine with the next round. Then its the last round that only requires a healthy shove to feed into the magazine my fat fingers and that tiny gate makes it a bit of a challenge.

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
My new (Japanese) Win 94 works the same way. I thought it was odd that it only works if you feed them up to the rim only, but that's also how it says to load 'em in the manual that came with my rifle.

Chris.
Chris thats a real bummer, because you cant top up the mag after you fire 3 or 4 shots without emptying the tube first.

GUS

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I know what you mean. For me, it was just the loading proceedure. Put another way, load it in a positive manner. Don`t stop.
Your going to have some resistance but get the tip in place then get your thumb on the rear and load that puppy up. Practice makes perfect. One other thing. When loading keep saying."who`s your Daddy?" :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Fellows, the underside of the loading gate needs smoothing or a lot of rounds through it. I had a 94 and believed it could not be topped up if a cartridge went in all the way. Guess what? I pressed a little harder on the gate and it fed another round.
These rifles are ABLE to feed and top up rounds just like the Marlin!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hi there Teapot,

I've put a couple of hundred rounds through mine now and I can now top up the magazine as long as I push the loading gate all the way down as I insert the next round. I guess it just needed to wear in a bit.

I've been shooting Berry's 150gr plated bullets in mine using a load of SR-4759 that should put me reasonably close to 1600fps.

Chris.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
The 94 I have is very difficult to load more than 2 rounds in the tube without them trying to push back past the loading gate and foul the action. I thought maybe the magizine tube spring is to strong. So I'm all ears here.

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
Gabby it seems that most of the probs. are with the post 64 mods. As i have said before mine has got better over time with loading but can still be a bit difficult. Seems to be the nature of the beast, if yours is that bad get a good smith to check it out. you can get around the prob. by pushing the previous round up the tube with the next round but not being able to feed more in after the loading gate has closed is a real hassel if you want to top up the mag.

GUS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts