Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble loading the le ammo into the mag tube ,i get first shell in fine then the second one is hard then can't get the third one into mag.once they are in, they cycle and eject fine ,OH ,AND THEY SHOOT EXTREMELY ACCURATE .other brands load easily and cycle but don't come close to the accuracy of the le ammo .all the problems with le that read about on the net have to do with cycling .NOT LOADING INTO MAG TUBE .what ya think thanks

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Try a regular style shell in tube first, than fill with gummies behind that...
If it works that way you need a new follower...

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i looked at gun again .it seems to load blunt nose bullets fine .i tried some rem coreloct ,which by the way looks too pointy ,it doesn't load them well either .and doesn't load le any better after first putting in blunt nose .i will disassemble and investigate

·
Registered
569 Posts
Try a regular style shell in tube first, than fill with gummies behind that...
If it works that way you need a new follower...
This works. I had issues loading them into my '50 S.C., tried this out of curiosity a week or two ago and it worked like a charm. No plans for me on getting a new follower, I don't hunt at distances long enough to need LE ammo but it's still good to know I have the option without replacing parts on the gun.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i fixed it ,i shortened this gun to 16&1/2'' ,when i cut the magtube i did it with tubing cutters ,that left a ridge inside the tube and prevented the follower from passing it and bottoming out in receiver .so took it apart filed the ridge left by cutter so follower would slip through .all is well now .loads everything great.im trying to load pics of gun and target ,we will see if i get it done thanks y'all

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the bottom 3 shot group measured 3/4'' the top 3 shot group measured 1/2'' .YEP at a hundred yards ,i no its hard to believe ,crowned barrel with a screw and lap compound .something must have lined up right .

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
In my 336 35 - LEs shoot GREAT - and cycle like bricks! I refuse to use them at all!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.