Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a new case trimmer rcbs manual trim pro-2, just wondering if anyone else is using one of these on the larger cases? found it very time consuming getting cases to lock in behind spring loaded plates, just wondering if there is an easier way? I tried several other smaller caliber cases 7mm 30-06 etc and they are not a problem. The bigger case of the 45-70 wouldn't allow the spring loaded plates to be pushed open had to do it manually with a seal pick:)

Thanks Warren

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
First, welcome to M.O. Trimming cases is always time consuming with what ever system you're using. After doing a few, I'm sure you will develop a rhythm or technique.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have the RCBS Trim Pro, same trimmer with an electric motor. I have trimmed cased ranging in size from 22 Hornet to 45-70. It did take a while to get used to it, don't remember having a problem like the OP describes. If the problem continues I would give RCBS a call, they are a helpful bunch.
FM

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
Been using a L E Wilson case lathe since the 60s, them new fangled ones are not any better, and the 45/70 fits perfectly, so nope never tried one

1 - 4 of 4 Posts