Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am quite new to the Marlin rifles, could someone please tell me what the trigger kits are all about. I have seen various reference's to trigger kits / cowboy trigger kits and wild west trigger kits. I am assuming they are all the same thing? or is there more than one type of kit.

I understand they are to improve the trigger, but in what way?

And what do the kits involve.

Sorry for the "newbe" questions.

Dave

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I have 2 of the wwg happy triggers. Don't know about the others. The wwg kit replaces the factory trigger and is very easy to install. It lightens the trigger pull,makes it smooth and eliminates the marlin "flop". Well worth installing. Lighter trigger pull gives you better accuracy. Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
7,958 Posts
You can do a home trigger job very easy, if you got the right stones. Get rid of the Marlin trigger Flop :hmmmm:
That's the best entertainment I got setting in a Tree!

·
Registered
567 Posts
The 'Trigger Happy' is a 2 piece trigger system that has a couple springs installed to eliminate that awful flopping trigger. It is a good setup which I use in my 1894 Cowboy rifles. The 'Trigger Happy' is a curved trigger design, similar to the factory curved trigger. It can be bought thru Brownell's and probably Midway also.

The 'PHANTOM' trigger is a complete 1 piece trigger. It also is an excellent trigger for the 1894 and is highly favored by alot of Cowboy Action Shooters who use the 1894 Marlin. This particular trigger is a straight trigger and helps eliminate the trigger bite we often get when trying to shoot super fast.
The 'PHANTOM' trigger also eliminates the trigger flopping.
It can be purchased directly on line at:

http://www.Slickmagicguns.com

In my opinion, you won't regret either choice. Both are professionally machined and work great.
Hope this helps.

..........Widder

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Starbow is correct, You can easily do your own trigger job. The instructions are in a "sticky" on this web site. I did it on my 1894 and it was a simple job. There are also many you tube videos on disassembly and assembly of the 1894 so be brave and have at it.

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Just so it is clear, the "flop" referred to is an intentional design. Not a flaw of any sort.

·
Registered
351 Posts
sort of on the same lines,is the reduced power hammer spring worth fitting ?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Just so it is clear, the "flop" referred to is an intentional design. Not a flaw of any sort.
Quoting it, because I can't "Like" it more than once!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I hag the WWG trigger and big loop lever installed on my .44 mag, along with stoning the insides. It is a smotther running gun now and I love it.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Quoting it, because I can't "Like" it more than once!
Guess some people can't control their fingers. 30 years of shooting lever actions and I've never "speared" my finger. I find the floppy trigger annoying and superfluous. Just because it was designed that way,don't make it right.

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts

Yes, it does make it right, it's another of the safety features that Marlin and Winchester incorporate into their rifles. I have never noticed the movement of the trigger until the uninformed forum members whine and snivel about it. The handle on my commode in the bathroom has loose movement, should I be concerned?..

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Marlin and Winchester also designed buckhorn sights,how many people want to use them? I know some people are stuck in the 1800's,but come on,try and join the rest of us in the 21st century. Change isn't always bad. I bet your an advocate for change at the next election.lol. Sorry to the OP if we've hijacked the thread.

·
Registered
685 Posts
recently tried my first wolff spring from midway last week i reckon for a whooping 6 bucks after reading up on them (got two), what a difference it made, thats for certain, i got my money out of it providing i dont have issues.. heard of light primer strikes on some guns, yet to experience it with the 1894 44mag, cuz i aint shot it since installed., going after a trigger gauge tomorrow, just got to have one now to test these rascals. . like to hear the pros and cons on these so please feel free to chime in, they save money over a a drop in, provinding the cons dont out way the pros.

also add, that i installed it a day before getting my rifle back from the smith that did a trigger job on a marlin for me with some other stuff, I cannot tell the difference between his 80 dollar job and wolff's 6 dollar job. lookn forward to getting a gauge tomorrow...just my two cents worth,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts