Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to do or have it done, a trigger job on my Marlin 39A. I did a search on the system but did not find what I was looking for. I know the springs can be changed, but I have read mixed reviews on this procedure. Is there better way to do this?

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
I have found the easiest way is epoxy a shim under the sear on the hammer. That reduces the amount of sear engagement, and in some cases, creep.

w30wcf

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here is the link to Swany's 39A trigger posting. Enjoy.

http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,43984.0.html
Using Swaney's instructions here, I got my 39A to a 2 1/2 lb trigger pull. I DO NOT use this gun in the woods,
only for Cowboy smallbore.That was achieved after adding a wolff springs extra power hammer spring.
Putting a lower power spring can cause inconsistent or light primer strikes, as well as increasing lock time.
The higher powered spring gave me faster lock time, but still lowered the pull to where I wanted it.
I have put these springs in all 8 of my Marlins from 39A to the 444.
Thank you Swaney!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Read swaney instructions and change hammer spring to a woff reduce spring. I got my 39a down to 1 1/2 pounds. My rifle is used for lever action silhouette only. If you get lite strikes add a washer to the hammer spring and/or follow swaney instructions for lite strikes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts