Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my WWG trigger into my 336cs 30/30 and it feels great. 3 1/4 oz of trigger pull nice and crisp. Can't wait to go finish zero of 30/30 with leverevelution rounds. If it works like it should I will install in 35 rem and 45-70. Trigger was 7 oz and creepy.

Cheers,
fknipfer

·
Registered
440 Posts
Trigger Installed

Do you have instructions for the trigger install job?
I haven't had my 336 very long and I'm not feeling real confident
about installing the Wild West Trigger but I do need to improve the
trigger pull.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just put one in my guide gun. It is real easy just take out the old one and install the new. I was very impressed with the difference with just a drop in part. Might have to buy two more.

·
Registered
422 Posts
A couple of screws to take down the trigger plate and one pin in the trigger itself. Real simple. Nothing to adjust. I put a WWG trigger in my 1894 CB 32 and love it.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your right about having to buy two more. Not bad at all to take out and put a new one in. I was talking to a friendly gunsmith the other day after I bought the $90 trigger and he said he could make the improvements to the existing trigger without all the expense of trigger and shipping. I think I will try it on my 35 rem and see if he can. No cost if he can't and I can still buy another.

fknipfer

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your right about having to buy two more. Not bad at all to take out and put a new one in. I was talking to a friendly gunsmith the other day after I bought the $90 trigger and he said he could make the improvements to the existing trigger without all the expense of trigger and shipping. I think I will try it on my 35 rem and see if he can. No cost if he can't and I can still buy another.

fknipfer

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
They are second to none. Wished we had a gunsmith around here. Might have to try yours out, fknipfer. I think I've got the triggers in all but four of my Marlins.. 8 triiggers?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I sent one of mine to a gunsmith and he welded the two part trigger together and did a trigger job, came out nice. Might have been a little cheaper but he had my rifle for weeks, and I kinda like doing things myself.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Disassembly of the 336 is easy. Just go slow and pay attention to what goes where.

As for the trigger, if both of my 336's didn't have good stock triggers, I would have WWG triggers in them. I find most of the 336's have good triggers from the factory, especially the older ones.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shot my 45-70 today with my new WWG trigger installed. Shot at 100yds with a 2 1/2lbs trigger and measured the group and it measured .875" which is pretty good with such a big gun. It might get smaller after my shoulder recovers a little. Pretty hard to shoot more than a box of shells thru it. Will get used to it. Going to take the 30-30 out with the new trigger and see how good it does. This Wild West Gun trigger is a real winner.

fknipfer

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry I meant 3 1/4lbs of trigger pull. Must have had a 60's moment.

fknipfer

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have the WW trigger on both my Spikehorn and 410. My Spikehorn also has a CAS mainspring. This really made a huge difference in the trigger. I polished the surfaces where the bolt and hammer meet, too. The WW triggers are spendy, but I don't mind. I have never had a problem tackling any other work on my guns. I guess I am a bit squeamish when it comes to sear and hammer engagement!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts