Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A buddy of mine, who's right-handed, told me that his Marlin's trigger has drawn blood on two occasions when he had to make shots back to his RIGHT, ie. TWO o'clock*. He highly recommended polishing the corners of the end of the trigger or wearing gloves while hunting. Anyone else have any experience with this issue? Just how prevalent is it? (*Post coffee edits in caps).

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I have never heard of that before, maybe just a bad trigger, none of mine are like that, maybe some one else here knows more. :hmmmm:

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
being left handed, I have noticed that a lot of pistols have the right side of the trigger guard beveled, but the left side not beveled. especially the top of the trigger guard. I guess they save money that way.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just edited my OP, noting that I had it backwards. My buddy said that the only time it's an issue is when a LEFTY, such as myself, is shooting back toward ten o'clock and vice versa, and that it was as much the position of the finger as it was the corners of the trigger being pretty sharp.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
I've done it! I've jabbed/pinched my finger on the sharp edge tip of the trigger on my 444's & 45-70's. Had to use a little emery cloth.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just had this happen a couple of weeks ago with a Ruger sp101 I just bought. The sharp edge around the top of the trigger guard smacks me when it recoils.

·
Premium Member
28,797 Posts
Yall heard of the Marlin Jam?
Well" theres a Marlin fanger too:biggrin:
aai-1-astv-0239.jpg :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
28,797 Posts
Naw" that's a snake bite.
Ive had that happen a time or two over these many years.
Never hunting or at the range though.
pretty sure it was laying sideways empty in my lap.
And I just working the action.

·
Super Moderator
8,054 Posts
Shooting some hot loads I have had the lever pop open and catch my finger between lever and bottom of trigger on my 1895, and yes it feels and looks like a bite. I try and only shoot the hot loads out of the ruger #1 now it has not bit me yet......................

·
Registered
931 Posts
Yall heard of the Marlin Jam?
Well" theres a Marlin fanger too:biggrin:

View attachment 119150 :biggrin:
AKA Garand thumb...uh oh. Sez that message is too short. Huh. Still sez make it at least three characters. Let's try this. Nope, still too short. Oooooooooooooh, I see. Had to move it down here. (This is the site that still tells me I spell Hawken wrong. There, see, did it again).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts