Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took an old scope off my muzzle loader and put it on my 336 3030 from walmart, 3-9-40 vxll , dropped lever and pulled bolt out to bore sighted it in . To my surprize it looked to be dead on @75 yds looking at the door handle on the shed. took it to the range, dead on left / right 1 in low I couldn't be happier, and also a new happy trigger is on its way thanks for all your help luckynorm

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I've done that a few times; first time with a 30/06 Browning topped with a Vari-x III 1.5-5x20mm. The gun shot exactly 1" high a 100 yards; so I left it as it was and bagged a number of deer with the gun until I later replaced the scope with a Vari-x III 3.5-10x50mm.
In the mid-80's one of my employees came in one morning during deer season with a 35 Marlin and cheapo scope that he wanted me to mount (knew I was into guns). I mounted the scope and bore-sighted same using a small picture on the opposite side of the showroom about 50 feet away;then advised this guy that it should be on paper at 25 yards, but be sure to shoot the gun and adjust same to be sure.
Seven deer with seven shots later, this sucker advised me he had never touched his scope even once since I had set it up. Pissed me off good, especially since he always made a point to bring his deer to the store and gloat; and since I was killing no deer during that season, that 7th deer was too much so I fired him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts