Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
Typical Sat morning, raining. Started checking out local stuff. Found a Trapdoor that I've made arrangements to look at and possibly an Ohio original muzzleloader. Guy sent me the pic of marks on Trapdoor and is supposed to dig out ML by the time I get there. Also found another 99, no idea of cal or condition. Also stopping to look at a M57 Marlin. Should end up with a gun or two this weekend.
Shotgun Revolver

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Typical Sat morning, raining. Started checking out local stuff. Found a Trapdoor that I've made arrangements to look at and possibly an Ohio original muzzleloader. Guy sent me the pic of marks on Trapdoor and is supposed to dig out ML by the time I get there. Also found another 99, no idea of cal or condition. Also stopping to look at a M57 Marlin. Should end up with a gun or two this weekend.
View attachment 723990
Some big stamps on that trapdoor. Old ONG gun?
A Zinnia Ohio ML is what really lit my muzzle loading fire. Awesome gun, full stock about .35 caliber. My friend whose father owned it let me shoot it.
I helped mold ball on an old scissor mold. Rolled the ball between two steel plates to make them round and get rid of the sprue.

Reactions: Owen49

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't buy the Trap Door. Stock was broken and dry rotted, bands missing, bore was shot, breech loose. The lock was only
decent thing on it. $700 was bottom dollar. The Ohio Gun was a half stock smooth bore of about .56 cal. Cap lock and I think it was
a fowling piece. Lock was from a French musket. No markings other than lock, sale price $500. They also had a wire twist double
that was total junk. They said they are going to put them on eBay, where people know what they are worth.

Reactions: Owen49

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
I didn't buy the Trap Door. Stock was broken and dry rotted, bands missing, bore was shot, breech loose. The lock was only
decent thing on it. $700 was bottom dollar. The Ohio Gun was a half stock smooth bore of about .56 cal. Cap lock and I think it was
a fowling piece. Lock was from a French musket. No markings other than lock, sale price $500. They also had a wire twist double
that was total junk. They said they are going to put them on eBay, where people know what they are worth.
You should have bought that trapdoor and put tacks all over it. That makes it an Indian gun and even more valuable to the eBay crowd. :burnout:
With a loose breech that would make it about worthless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.