Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Why risk twisting your back or a heart attack dragging heavy animals out of the forest? We use a wheelbarrow which is an ancient Egyptian invention - a combination of the lever and the wheel. My daughter is shown with a huge muley that was taken within the Black Hills of western South Dakota. 30-30 of course. We both struggled to load the beast but wheeling it was easy.

TR

·
Banned
4,646 Posts
I use a Dead Sled, helluva lot easier to pack in than a wheelbarrow. It was a workout for me in the dry pasture grass, but with a little snow it should be a breeze. Made by a company that makes a similar product for rescuing injured humans.

Google it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,542 Posts
I had a ******* uncle who is dead now, well actually all my family is ********, anyway years ago he used to walk back into his deer stand pushing an empty wheelbarrow. coming out it was usually full up with a buck,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
:hmmmm::vollkommenauf::hmmmm:

Yup, at times some innovation is required.

View attachment 721478

:elefant:
That ain't happening without a wench, and it probably ain't happening with a wench. Looks like a common eland. Can't age him well without seeing the dewlap, but I'd guess him at least 1500#, and maybe more. I expect that old fellow will break the leaf springs on that truck.

·
Registered
28,560 Posts
I had a ******* uncle who is dead now, well actually all my family is ********, anyway years ago he used to walk back into his deer stand pushing an empty wheelbarrow. coming out it was usually full up with a buck,,,,,,,,,,,,,
remember the tarzan movies. a pole, tie the legs slip the pole through. wrap the deer with a orange poncho. two guys carry him out. now lets go back to my um younger days. no money cant read game laws. if ya shoot a deer and drag it a blind man can follow. but carried away GONE! no traces and no poncho of course!:flute: as I used to say. a unemployed man with a rifle will never starve!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I've got an aluminum deer cart that makes it easy to wheel the deer somewhere the truck can get to it. Usually I have my hunting buddy with me to help get it into the back of the truck. Last year the anti hunters at his school decided that midterm tests would be held on the first three days of deer season for some strange reason when it never has been before. They made sure to announce it the first week of school when before even though there was a specific date of the tests they would only get announced a week or two in advance. Jerks. After 4 back operations I really missed my hunting buddy getting my buck into my truck so I got a deer hoist that mounts in the hitch on your vehicle. It works great! https://vikingsl.com/portfolio/rack-jack/

·
Banned
4,646 Posts
Reactions: Sambane

·
Registered
8,280 Posts
I just hook them up to the trailer ball on the four wheeler with their head off the ground and drag them to the trailer and pull up the ramp of the trailer deer and all. I shut the ramp on the trailer and go home. The most damage I have ever done to a deer by dragging him behind the wheeler was a small patch of hair missing where he was making contact with the ground.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.