Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone looking to trade a 60 for my 795, had it for about a month now not a scratch on it. anyone interested i will post pics soon:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Would you consider a Glenfield model 40 in good shape?

PROS: It looks almost perfect, cycles anything (including sub-sonics), has been completely internally polished, and is built on the model 60 action. Most model 60 parts, and many aftermarket upgrades are a direct fit.

CONS: I haven't found the ammo that it likes yet as far as grouping (but the federal lightenings, and the CCI Mini-Mags are the closest yet at about an inch and a half at 50 yds), and it does not have LSHO. The stock is not upgradable like a model 60.

I like the gun, but it it doesn't fit a need for me, and it needs someone to find out what ammo it likes to group with. One guy here (I forget who) suggested that it may need to be recrowned, but I can't see anything wrong with the crown, so I don't think he was right about that.

Loads of pics inside and out and targets. https://picasaweb.google.com/103622476548924677148/GlenfieldModel40?authuser=0&feat=directlink

1 - 3 of 3 Posts