Marlin Firearms Forum banner
161 - 180 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Just so you don't think iam full of BS. I just stopped at one of my cousins, shops, Danny has 15 engines on the floor, waiting for rebuilds, some are new blocks. One on the Dino . Danny said write now, if another engine doesn't come in the shop he's got enough work to keep him busy till late November. That one eng, with # 93 on the lift plate ,the guy wrote on the valve cover how many laps are on the engine .670 .
He dropped it off yesterday for a rebuild.

Oh no, wasn't questioning that at all, I've got a brother-in-law that just took an early retirement from NASCAR last year. Was Operations Manager at Phoenix for 13 - 14 years, year or two at Richmond, few years at Daytona. Prior to that he worked the Nike tour on the PGA Circuit, started in San Francisco or San Diego one, don't recall which, Atlanta, couple other locations. They moved twice a year a couple years, at least once a couple more. Finally landed at SawGrass, and the PGA promised he'd be there for a while. They'd just built a new house, hadn't been in it 3-4 months when he applied at Daytona, thinking he didn't have a chance, and they called the next day and asked how soon he could start.

I was just thinking one of them may have a tubing bender with dies for 1 1/4" tubing, for roll cage or chassis components, which would make manufacturing a custom header for the mower really easy. Buying prebent pieces of tube and figuring out where to slice them and piece them back together and welding up all those joints can be a real pain in the Keester!!

Very nice shop!! Looks like he's definitely into building some serious horsepower there!!

·
Registered
10,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 · (Edited)
Just went over to the farm, messing around
With my uncle Bob's old F - 14 tractor, I've got it freed up, BUT, it won't make a full turn . I think it swallowed a valve, pulling the head will have to wait till next summer ,I think. ,I pulled the starter and used a BIG screwdriver to pry the eng over to a point, then turned it back to that spot, and it locks up. Will see how this fall goes.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire

·
Registered
10,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
I found a muffler on ebay, that is for my eng.
I ordered it. That doesn't mean it will fit my tractor chassis, without some work, should arrive the 20th.
Nobody else out there using their tractors?
Let's see some pictures 📷

·
Registered
809 Posts
She is an older model, but new to me, and nurtured her whole life. and fresh paint on the skin.
1983 Kubota B7100 4x4

Have a 2002 - BX2200 4x4, 60" Deck on it, and that machine never ceases to amaze me. Mowing about 7 acres of grass with it, and it just keeps going and going and going. Routine maintenance; not a lot else. Blew the gear box up on the deck twice, rebuilt it once, replaced it the second time. Had all the stumps in the yard ground before the second episode, and that seems to have improved it's disposition immensely, which is good because Kubota doesn't offer it anymore, and at $1350 I really can't afford to sit one on the shelf for 20 years. Aside from that, put a fuel cut off solenoid on it, and replaced the thermostat. It defies reason honestly, because it is worked hard. They're an amazing machine.

·
Registered
10,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Well my $90.00 muffler showed up, and spent all morning trying to get the bolts in the exhaust .I flipped that tractor every way possible trying to see the holes, and gasket line up.
Any how we got it, and it sounds good. Hooked her up to the dump trailer,,grabbed a husky, and headed for the swamp
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Riding mower Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Thanks NP!
Here’s one where we put a frost wall in for my wife’s green house to sit on. The forks are a very handy attachment and are a quick swap with the bucket.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Thanks Dave…nice shot of all those beautiful Stihl saws.
I keep my tractor in the garage, maybe someday I’ll get around to putting up a shed for it so I can put the truck inside.
This is the Coop and Greenhouse finished…
Shade Building Tree Wood Branch
Sky Plant Building Tree Shade

The tractor earns its keep over the years, been a valuable tool. Use it for wood processing as well.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Thanks NP!
How’s your swamp machine working out? Encounter any mud yet with the new chains? I enjoy following your build progress and I love that caboose stove.

·
Registered
10,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
Good, used it to get some wood in yesterday, I have a mud hole on the other side of my bridge, was going to try it yesterday, but didn't make it, after all the rain last night, don't think I want to try that out yet, have a quad trail down by my pond, mite give that a try today
My chilli is smelling good, in my shop.

161 - 180 of 195 Posts