Marlin Firearms Forum banner
141 - 160 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
10,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Oh my!!!

Lawn Mower Pulling Forum - With what you're doing there, look at mods for pulling, not racing. Racing they make horsepower, Pulling they make massive torque. The Briggs V-Twin isn't really known for Torque but it ain't all bad.
Rocky, that's Cool, thanks !!!

·
Registered
10,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 · (Edited)
Maybe you will see me, in the center fold of next month's Lawm mower mussel magazine
Update, got the oil drained out, and it appears there is holes in the frame for this block. And I put a front and rear bolt in.
And I have clearance between the blower housing and the fuel tank.
Have to make a parts run .this engine has a oil leak somewhere in the bottom end. Have to get some engine degreaser , and clean it up. And need a pipe plug ,for the oil drain.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Luggage and bags Bumper

·
Registered
809 Posts
If you want it to go fast, I got connections. But, pulling heavy loads is a whole different ball of wax. If you search You Tube there are tons of videos, it's a well established sport in parts of the mid-west. Complete with miniature weight transfer sled, like the big tractors use, and the whole 9 yards. This, like Lawn Mower Racing, started out as a low dollar sport, and has graduated to the same old "costs lots of money to compete" stupidity seen in everything.

·
Registered
10,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
If you want it to go fast, I got connections. But, pulling heavy loads is a whole different ball of wax. If you search You Tube there are tons of videos, it's a well established sport in parts of the mid-west. Complete with miniature weight transfer sled, like the big tractors use, and the whole 9 yards. This, like Lawn Mower Racing, started out as a low dollar sport, and has graduated to the same old "costs lots of money to compete" stupidity seen in everything.
Rocky, this is just for fun. My whole family has been involved in racing/ engine building my cousin has a engine building/ dyno shop he builds stock car engines for many drivers around our area, and built the engine for the car Tony Stewart drove to victory a Lebanon Valley speed way .
I have Drag race cars,. and ran on the dirt tracks around here. Those days are long gone for me.
But thanks.
Ray Everham contacted my cousins shop after Tony Stewart won that 200 lap race, and had him built an engine for a driver he sponsored .
My cousin got started tuning Shirley Muldowneys corvette she use to drag on the streets of Albany & Schenectady NY. Before she became a star on the drag strip.

·
Registered
10,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
It's almost finished, it started right up. I need a much longer throttle cable, and a set of Hooker Headers. For my troy bilt WILDCAT.
So maybe Tuesday I will take her for a few hot laps.
And it all fits under my hood
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Luggage and bags Green Motor vehicle

·
Registered
10,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
It's almost finished, it started right up. I need a much longer throttle cable, and a set of Hooker Headers. For my troy bilt WILDCAT.
So maybe Tuesday I will take her for a few hot laps.
And it all fits under my hood View attachment 859713
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Light Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
809 Posts
Rocky, this is just for fun. My whole family has been involved in racing/ engine building my cousin has a engine building/ dyno shop he builds stock car engines for many drivers around our area, and built the engine for the car Tony Stewart drove to victory a Lebanon Valley speed way .
I have Drag race cars,. and ran on the dirt tracks around here. Those days are long gone for me.
But thanks.
Ray Everham contacted my cousins shop after Tony Stewart won that 200 lap race, and had him built an engine for a driver he sponsored .
My cousin got started tuning Shirley Muldowneys corvette she use to drag on the streets of Albany & Schenectady NY. Before she became a star on the drag strip.

You will love the HeyMow website brother! This project might wind up more than just for fun if you start wandering there. Because they be doing things with lawn mowers that simply defy reason.

·
Registered
10,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
You will love the HeyMow website brother! This project might wind up more than just for fun if you start wandering there. Because they be doing things with lawn mowers that simply defy reason.
COOL, I'll check it out, thanks

·
Registered
452 Posts
Just changed the oil in my old wheel horse, way past do. Going down by the swamp, and make a couple passes through the tall stuff, then come back and wash the husky and the horse* View attachment 859053
Hey no primers, I have the same model wheel horse. Mine was made in 1988 and was my dads. Nice little tractors.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire

·
Registered
10,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 · (Edited)
Good stuff, I had a Wheelhorse, was my Dads. I got a pic with my daughter on it somewhere.
They don't make them like that anymore.
There's a guy every year that brings his restored wheel horse tractors to the old gas engine show, he has 5 or 6 of them, some real old ones.

·
Registered
10,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Well my troy bilt ,didn't get much attention today,
The wife came home from camp. Learned a couple things, the muffler is pretty basic, it's the headers that come in all different configurations
I may end up custom fabricating something.
That will take time.
I have a universal throttle cable & a choke cable
That has to be cut to size. This is going to be a busy week

·
Registered
10,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Well after a lot of running around today
I found the exhaust system, that I hope will work, special order . Things are tricky when you create something that the manufacturer didnt sell. Still waiting for my loggers chains., can't wait to throw rooster tails of mud out the back of my Wildcat Troy Bilt pulling tractor.

·
Registered
809 Posts
You may have to manufacture your own custom header. If so, do a search for exhaust bends, purchase assorted pieces, and cut and piece it together. Mig weld joints to build a made to order exhaust. Many of these parts are avaialble on Amazon so they can maybe be had rather quickly.

Unless of course one of the racing relatives has a tubing bender that'll bend lawn mower exhaust tubing.

·
Registered
10,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 · (Edited)
You may have to manufacture your own custom header. If so, do a search for exhaust bends, purchase assorted pieces, and cut and piece it together. Mig weld joints to build a made to order exhaust. Many of these parts are avaialble on Amazon so they can maybe be had rather quickly.

Unless of course one of the racing relatives has a tubing bender that'll bend lawn mower exhaust tubing.
Just so you don't think iam full of BS. I just stopped at one of my cousins, shops, Danny has 15 engines on the floor, waiting for rebuilds, some are new blocks. One on the Dino . Danny said write now, if another engine doesn't come in the shop he's got enough work to keep him busy till late November. That one eng, with # 93 on the lift plate ,the guy wrote on the valve cover how many laps are on the engine .670 .
He dropped it off yesterday for a rebuild.
Automotive design Motor vehicle Floor Luggage and bags Flooring
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Automotive exterior
Electrical wiring Engineering Gas Machine Technology
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper

141 - 160 of 195 Posts