Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum and new to the 1895 45/70. So you'll all be getting lots of questions from me... :p
I just received my new 1895 and it's one of the new "Remlins". Checked it over, fit and finish seems nice. Cycled about 25 rounds threw it without any hicups. Only thing left to do is fire her, I'm sure/hoping it'll shoot as good as it should...
Anyways, my question for now is, I bought the "happy trigger" and will be installing it soon, are the Marlins fussy with their torque specs, like for example, what tq specs should the tang screw be at?

·
Contributing Member
11,599 Posts
Welcome to MO and congrats on your new rifle.

I've never torqued a screw one on my Marlins. Snug generally works just fine. The lever screw on some specimens likes to be tightened up more and sometimes the carrier screw.

The best bet IMO is to snug them all up and see how they hold. If you find some that like to work loose then dab a little clear nail polish on them and snug them up again.

Oh, and you do have hollow-ground screwdrivers right? Don't go buggering up them heads with standard mechanics drivers. Ask me how I know...A proper set of drivers will reward you over and over and over. I recommend Grace Gun Tools if you need a set. Email Dan and ask him about a Marlin set and he will tell you how to order them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Eli, That's kind of what I thought since I couldn't find tq specs anywhere. I do have an FAT tq wrench and the Wheeler 89 piece screwdriver/bit set. Couldn't do without them, I learned the hard way to... ;)

·
Contributing Member
11,599 Posts
canuck said:
Thanks Eli, That's kind of what I thought since I couldn't find tq specs anywhere. I do have an FAT tq wrench and the Wheeler 89 piece screwdriver/bit set. Couldn't do without them, I learned the hard way to... ;)
As they say, "Experience is learning from your own mistakes, wisdom is learning from other people's mistakes." I see you are like me and getting old enough that you're getting a little tired of gaining experience. ;)

And never be afraid to ask questions here. Best folks on the net and always willing to help. Abuse that search function too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts