Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here ... Looking forward to participating.
Tired of waiting for a Ruger 10/22 Deluxe Sporter, today picked up a Marlin XT-22,laminate stock.
Now, while waiting to buy ammo to enjoy my impulse buy, wondering if anyone has located standard 7 shot LR magazines for my new toy?
Also, what rings for Nikon 3-9X40 will allow me to use the iron sights once scope is mounted? Will I need a rail?
Thanks,Folks!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Hey Welcome from the show me State of Missouri. Nice buy on the new marlin. I am a new guy too. I really enjoy the guys here. They are very friendly and a lot of down to earth good people. Look around as I did and if you don't know something just ask. All will be glad to help and if they don't know they will direct you to someone who can help.

On the rings Question: You can use any type rings just be sure to use a medium to high ring. I don't like the high ring because it sets the scope up too high. The medium for me works best. The scope is at eye level and yet you can see under it at the iron sights.

Good luck my friend and again Welcome
444GS2

Reactions: Marlinjunkie

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! John

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
15,388 Posts
welcome from Texas

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome from a New York hunter.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Welcome from Arkansas.

·
Premium Member
5,418 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee!

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Welcome from Long Island farm country, happy shootin'. Cheers:beerglass:

·
Premium Member
6,468 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Welcome from Connecticut

·
Premium Member
13,210 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,752 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Hello and Welcome from the Show Me State of Missouri. Nice looking gun the TX22. I like the Laminated stocks like on the one you got. I think It dresses up the field guns a bit. I hope it will be one of many to come in your collection. Every bought gun has a story and I hope you will share your story with us. The Guys here love picture too. They make good conversation pieces.

I am a new guy too. I have only been here a couple of weeks longer than you. I am so green I am having a hard time finding the sellers list. LOL Any way look around get to meet people and you will have found a home as I have.

Welcome to Marlin Group
444GS2

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Welcome from New York farm country, keep your ammo dry!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts