Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks its me Team Top Gun, back online to tell you about our big shooting match for Squirrel Rifles at Ft Polk Louisiana.

The 7th Top Gun Challenge will be held at the new Ft Polk Shooting Complex on Sunday 14 August 2005. Entry fee is $15 for adults and $5 for 18 and under.

Three divisions Adult, High School and Junior.

Big prizes include 5 places in the 3 divisions, Custom ruger 10/22 "Infamous" rifle in the Junior division and CZ 22 rifles or deer rifles in the Adult and Highschool div.

Contact me for serious inquires. [email protected]

Ok where have I been? Well working with the Archery Program at Ft Polk, some body had to get them on line.

See you at the top gun challenge

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
About damn time you showed up. If you run across GBB in your travels, say 'hi' for me with a good swift kick inna butt... :wink:

[email protected]

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Haven't heard from GBB for over year.. sent mail. no reply's

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I have been fighting turkey poachers, writing articles, and seeing that the soldiers at Ft Polk have the best place to shoot in the state.

Our youth hunter got the only turkey by a youth hunter in the state with a bow, the president of my hunting club got busted for poaching turkeys (baiting) and I went to war with a whole hunting club over that and condemned them in an article. Then they got me fired from the newspaper. So now im writing for Bayou Outdoors Magazine and Archery Magazine....oh well. Bad thing about it the old boy that got caught poaching, passed away 30 days later,sure didnt want that to happen.

Im working with MWR at Ft Polk to upgrade the new million dollar range. I arranged for the archery range to be sactioned with both NFAA and ASA.

Of course the Top Gun Leauge is going strong.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Please TEAM-TOP-GUN , revive the BLACK-DEATH -TARGET. Nice to see you here. Thanks Ted. P.S. BDT only made better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok this is where you can down load a BDT.

hhtp://10xshooters.com/BlackDeathChallenge/

The actul rule is cut the black not touch the black.

If you max one let me know and I'll put you in the record book if you want a record book e-mail me. and then post it here, I never did figure out how to do that.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
UNCLE JOHN'S OUTDOORS said:
If you max one let me know and I'll put you in the record book if you want a record book e-mail me. and then post it here, I never did figure out how to do that.

Shot by Ross Dederick, Winnipeg, Canada

October 23, 2004

In Memory of "Plinker" Tom Klein, Lake Mills, Wisconsin, U.S.A.

5 Shots @ 25 yds on public lands

Witnessed by P. Thomas

Rifle: USRAC 52-B Sporting with Bushnell Banner 4-12X 40 mm A/O

Lapua Polar Biathlon 40 gr RN un-plated .22 LR

I sent this by e-mail back in early November and did not get a response...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys and gals if you can shoot we will make you better. Top Gun Challenge is just around the courner on 14 August, if you need accomidations let me know. The shoot is Sunday, I'll be giving an instructional seminar Saturday at the Ft Polk range on the 13th.

Looks like several teams from Texas, Shreveport, Alexandria, Natchitoches, Lake Charles and the home team at Ft Polk. Let me know if your serious.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts