Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
28,337 Posts
Beautiful country Guy and that is always special spotting Elk.

Is it me or is that a smoky haze in the background in some of your pictures? The sunset is beautiful but I assume the red sky is enhanced by smoke?

We have our first local fire that started today, already lost a few structures with nearly 100 homes currently threatened. It is pretty close to our location just slightly south of us. And of course it is in the American River Canyon area which makes fighting the fire extrememly difficult. For the next three days we'll have triple digit temps that aren't going to help.

Anyway, I assume you'll be hunting the area you were at this fall? Hopefully, the Elk will still be around for you.

Thanks for sharing.

Jack

Reactions: M700

·
Premium Member
12,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's smoke. The national news has been carrying the story of our wildfires. Approximately 300 homes have been lost in the past week or so. ONE of the major fires is at about 380 square miles, biggest in recorded history, and it's not the only fire. Not the only big one. Fire has been real bad to us lately.

I know your American River Canyon. It is Steep and Deep. Difficult conditions for sure.

I don't know if I'll be up here or not comes the season. My son drew a late season cow tag in another area. Has a high chance of success. If I added another elk to that, it would be more meat than our family could eat in two years. I just like getting up into the hills above town. Good stuff. Something Mama M700 and I can share.

Regards, Guy

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Thanks Guy.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
Thanks Guy, I always enjoy seeing photos of areas I've never been too. Impressive scenery where you live!
Bob

·
Premium Member
12,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, and I meant it's the biggest fire in our state, ever.

Guy

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
As always Guy, your photos are really enjoyed here. We have our share of wild fires here too but that big one you are all having now is unbelievably huge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts