Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a chance to go to the range with my recently acquired 444S. My son and I were very impressed with the gun. It had enough punch to let you know you were shooting with the big boys, but very manageable and not very hard on the shoulder. We shot a box of the 265gr FTX Leverevolution, unfortunately I am going to have to put a scope on it if I want to deer hunt with it. I might as well just not fight the inevitable. We also sighted in my son’s .243, kind of funny seeing the difference in hole size on paper. Here’s a pic of my son shooting. Also got to check out the new Busch Wildlife Shooting Range, they did a very nice job upgrading their facility.

Leg Footwear Shoe Floor Room

·
Registered
963 Posts
Very Nice, it's always good to get out.

I wish I wasn't on the wrong side of the Missouri river to easily get to Busch Wildlife since Jay Henges is still closed. The couple of times I've gotten out this summer I've gone down to Little Indian Creek Conservation Area shooting range which is not nearly as nice.

That is a nice looking shooting range! How much does it cost to shoot there?
It's $3 an hour for the staffed Missouri Department of Conservation ranges like Busch Wildlife.

·
Super Moderator
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a nice looking shooting range! How much does it cost to shoot there? What were you shooting in your T4?
$3 an hour. Hornady Leverevolution 265 gr FTX. The range reopened last year after a complete redo, first time I had been back since they closed a couple years ago. They have around 30 lanes half up to 50 yards and the other half to 100 yards. They also have several station to shoot clay birds and a new archery range. They did a top notch job on this one.

·
Super Moderator
5,358 Posts
Very Nice, it's always good to get out.

I wish I wasn't on the wrong side of the Missouri river to easily get to Busch Wildlife since Jay Henges is still closed. The couple of times I've gotten out this summer I've gone down to Little Indian Creek Conservation Area shooting range which is not nearly as nice.

It's $3 an hour for the staffed Missouri Department of Conservation ranges like Busch Wildlife.
Probably be a 2-hour drive for you.

·
Registered
963 Posts
probably be a 2 hour drive for you.

Not quite that, but there's certainly no direct way for me to get there.

I just hope they didn't use the same contractor for the bullet traps when they did the Busch Wildlife rebuild as they did for Henges rebuild 6 or so years ago since it's been closed now for 9 months for repairs.

·
Super Moderator
7,969 Posts
Everyone knows the triple 4 is my all time favorite caliber/rifle combo, I am a true 444 junkie since the mid 70's. My wife even loves her 444, it her favorite deer getter, and she shoots it really well. It has never failed to put a monster smile on my face every time I drop the hammer on it. I know you'll love it!

·
Registered
115 Posts
After hunting Colorado a few times, I was glad I took my .30-06. Back east where I am from, the 444 is in its element.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Looking for a 444 myself,can't seem to find them in any of my LGS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.