Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I took my new Marlin 1895 Cowboy to the shooting range for the first time. This rifle is definitely a shooter. Mild and very tolerable recoil with the But standard Remington 405 grain ammo was using. Rifle was shooting a little to the left so I'll have to make a sight adjustment the next time I take it to the range. other than that I couldn't be more pleased. Looking forward to taking this rifle afield hunting mulies come October.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Congratulations rooselk! Sounds like you got a good one. Alway good to hear about someone having a good "first trip to the range" with a new rifle.

There is a Marlin 45-70 in my future - I'm certain of it. Just can't seem to get enough Marlin 39s right now though. :)

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Glad to hear you had fun and see you got a great rifle. Next you will need a mold and some dies for reloading for that baby. By now you should know there is always a little enabling to be done.

Reactions: BFPGW

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Seems to be a recurring theme. :)

I remember my first range trip with my 1895CB. What a joy they are to shoot. And even more so the first time you harvest game with one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have been shooting my 1895 45-70 CB for several years now. It is a real shooter, and I really enjoy it. And I think it is the best looking MARLIN`s ever made. I use mine for everything from Cowboy Action Shooting to Hunting. I like my 1895 45-70 CB more every time I use it.
ken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts