Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonasket Silhouette match for May, 2011

Hey there boys and girls -- Silhouette shooters are a dedicated lot. Scraping the ice off the target rails and shooting in sub-zero weather shows extreme dedication, or the on-set of dementia. The rain pounding on my tin roof woke me up a couple times the night before the match. It was still raining in the morning. I waxed up the guns, loaded up the range gear, and Cleat and I headed out anyway. The rain eased a bit as we approached the range.

Now on the other side of the hill from me Wet Dog was also doing a dedicated silhouette shooter and husband combination act. He had to run off a marauding bear before leaving the cabin. Apparently it was a stubborn bear, it took awhile, and he was a little late for the first match.

The targets we miss fade from memory eventually. The targets we “ring” will forever be a puzzle. Why we can slay a bunch of turkey’s one month, and not the next, will remain a mystery. The thrill of victory or the agony of defeat will be there next month, waiting for us as well.

Seeing this enthusiasm in new shooters brings a smile, always. This is Granpa Buck and Emma. This was Emma’s first silhouette match and she shot ten of the flat critters. She said she likes shooting pigs best.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a picture of the morning, looking back across town up towards my place. Best regards. Wind

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
So, how did you guys do? Do you have a junior class or did Emma shoot against the guys, inquiring minds want to know.
Good to see junior shooters take an interest in the shooting sports.
Shenandoah

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey there Shenandoah -- Emma shot with the rest of us. She could out-set any three of us as well. Wet Dog and I did OK but didn't win either match. We were both shooting relatively 'new to us' rifles and even with practice time, experiencing a little trouble with the real time targets. None of the misses were the rifles fault, that is for sure and for certain!! I was all over the turkey's this month but couldn't hit a chicken to save my butt. I'm still hanging on to the illusion that I will get it all figured out some day!! Best regards. Wind

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Emma's Smile makes the weather bearable, and new junior shooters are what it's all about!

Ed

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Here are a few pictures I took

Sometimes they fall, sometimes they don't...

Born in 1907, Wind's 1894 is still on the job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts