Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good, for the recreation of my first deer hunt, many years ago.
Don't remember the year, but iam guessing 1966, when I Barrowed a rifle from one of my uncles, it was a jungle carbine 303 , my dad never hunted after he came home
From the war. So he had no guns. I had a 22. And a shot gun.
I can remember that day, it was Thanksgiving day, that I walk out back carrying that rifle and I wanted it. But my uncle wouldn't part with it.
I remember about were I sat in our woods, and that's where I'm going to be tomorrow, with my Mk 5 ,
Never got a deer that first season, but it was special to me.
Everyone have a great Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Nothing like the old memories.

I hope you have a very good day, sir, with your M5.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Yes, a family hunt, half day before turkey dinner is a long standing tradition in ours and many families. Good luck and be safe !

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My wife's family ,was a trip to schoharie for dinner and a hunt before a Turkey dinner, there all gone now

·
Premium Member
4,128 Posts
My wife's family ,was a trip to schoharie for dinner and a hunt before a Turkey dinner, there all gone now
I used to hunt in the Breakabean area, there was and still are some fine deer in the valley. Enjoy the day and the memories.

·
Registered
177 Posts
When everyone was younger in these parts, our thanksgiving meal was all wild game. No turkey this far north, Grouse and Ptarmigan, Dall sheep, Sitka deer, Caribou & Moose. I’m having Moose and Caribou this year...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts