Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...new to this forum....and thought I would post this to see what the opinion was. I live in Kalifornia and with our new wonderful laws started going through the old gun collection. I started to contemplate which rifle I was going to carry while out playing around in the desert. I found this old Camp 9 i had picked up in a local gun store when i was younger. I really only shot it a couple of times, since i had young ones around and they preferred the 10/22 over this and i preferred my Marlin lever action 30-30 and M1 Garand tanker. Since I carry a Glock 17, I thought this would make a nice companion since both were 9mm. I hit the internet for some mags and came across this forum. Now I find they have stopped making these and it leaves me wondering if I should save this one in the condition it is in...since it even has the sticker from Phil B. as testing and targeting from the factory. I am not a collector...I am a user...so if it would be better to save the condition then what do you think the value is.

BTW ...A big thanks to those who posted the info on the factory shortcomings on this rifle. Luckily, i had a chance to read them and got the right parts installed before i went and shot it again.

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Shotgun
Gun Rifle Firearm Shotgun Trigger
Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Air gun

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks All for the replies and welcomes....

I want to put it in a synthetic stock ...Unfortunately Kalifornia doesn't allow any that I have seen on the market. Does anyone know of one that is Kalifornia compliant ?

·
Premium Member
4,939 Posts
I wish I had kept the Deluxe Camp 9 I used to have. They seem to be bringing $650-$700 around here too, if you ever see one that is. I ended up with a Beretta CX4 Storm 9mm as a replacement. Are they allowed in CA? I'm betting not, they "look" too evil.

Here's my old Camp 9 (it's in California too) and it's replacement, the CX4. I like the Marlin better I think, but the Beterra is a fine shooter, and it will take the 30 round Beretta 92 mags. Which made me go out and get a 92 FS to go with it.

I think you should keep it and shoot it, you won't hurt the value any since it's not NIB anymore. I promise you that you will regret it if you get rid of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The CX4 has the pistol grip which would make it an assault riffle and would have to be registered which i don't want to do. I like the Camp 9 , I just didn't want to ruin something special. Sorta like my 69' roadrunner. People always ask me why I am driving it around town. I always say " if I cant play with it ..then I don't want it." I am going to make a synthetic stock for the Camp 9 with a few add on's like a mag holder in the butt stock. probably two mags ...since here in Kalifornia we can only have 10 rnds.

·
Super Moderator
4,352 Posts
It has already been shot and modified, have fun with it I would. Thanks for the pics. Welcome from the Ouachita Mountains of Arkansas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.