Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 25mnc...a great gun but not for night time(LOVES REM. VMAX)....I prefer my just purchased 882SSV...it shoulders better and the SS barrel has a muted finish...it seems to enjoy Win. Supremes...put a Burris FF II 3x9 with a ballistic reticle....What a great scope...FINEST FOR THE MONEY...zeroed at 75 yards and the second step is dead on a 100...can't wait to see where the third and fourth steps lay...As far at night time hunting...I have a BRNO 911 that is BEAUTIFUll...put a Bushnell 3200 3x9x40 on it and attacked a night spotter on it and it is the ultimate nightime rimfire ambusher for less the $450 total...it can lay out 10 fast shots(likes CCI maxi's +V's)....in a few seconds...as long as you target is at or under 100 yards...at night it usually is...just food for thought...but I wouldn't hesitate to use my 882 if I was sure I needed to take less than 1 or2 shots...FYI..has anybody noticed that Marlin states that you don't have to clean the bores unless they are damp or have obstructions...I must have purchased an older rendition of the 882SSV....My 25MNC never stated that...I can't believe marlin would stand behind THAT advice......

·
Registered
26 Posts
i think you would be best off to go with a world renound model 60. the greatest shooters and sportsman in the world would have to agree that it is the best weapon in any inviroment any time and for anyone.

long live the model 60 and its collectors,
mod.60-for-life

·
Registered
137 Posts
Churchillman:

In several of my Marlin Owner's manuals for rimfire it states that the bore does not usually require cleaning unless it gets wet or obstructed. Actually, with the lubes on the bullets, low muzzle velocity, and the fact that many shooters only put a few hundred rounds through their rifles a year - if that - the bores do not require cleaning. Incidently, that includes a new M60SS manual which I purchased this past August.

I'm not saying that but they are, and I'm sure they'd back that policy with those conditions stipulated. I've got my own criteria for cleaning as I suspect each and every reader here does.

GOOD SHOOTING! :)

Range Finder

1 - 3 of 3 Posts