Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lever action rifle on hold at a local shop. It wasn't something I was looking for but I found it and thought it was cool. Now the delima is to buy it or not...

Puma M-92 Wounded Warrior Commemorative Lever-Action Rifle .44 Remington Magnum 20" Barrel 11 Rounds Engraved Walnut Stock Stainless Steel Finish

The one they have is number 433 of 500. The nice thing is they give $50 for every rifle purchased to the Wounded Warrior Project http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Some of the reasons I balk are that its a Puma, a brand I know nothing about. And I am about to deploy myself and thought the money would be better in reserve in case my wife needs it. Thoughts?

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
When I began reading this thread, I was immediately thinking, WOW that thing is a beauty and if some money goes to the Wounded Warrior Project, even better...BUY! The last sentence (kinda) changed my mind. What does the wife think? She could always sell it if needed, but you migh not get what you paiid for it (you might get more). Gotta make sure Momma is taken care of! Good luck in whichever way you decide and thank you for your service!

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Marlinluvr hit a home run with that answer. Make sure she's set.

Then, from another angle -- do you want a "wall decoration" or a go to gun?
Just imagine a Marlin standing in the corner waiting for you to go shooting or hunting -- maybe that could change your mind -- and if it does, then wait for the Marlin.

Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Save the money for your wife. Commemoratives were never on my 'Christmas' list since they mainly hold their value if they remain new in box. For me a rifle needs to be taken out and used. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I've owned three commemoratives made by Winchester based on the M94 action and one by Ruger in ,357 mag. None of the four guns, as pretty as they were shot worth a damn. The Winchesters are long gone and the Ruger is on the block at the next gun show I set up at, probably next July.
I believe that if it were me, I'd pass. Emergency money for the better half is more important.
Paul B.

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Commemoratives are nice but you would be afraid of damaging it If you want to use it for hunting. If it is for show only, I'd give it a miss.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I need money!
I have this nice commerative!
Bingo...I'll sell it, some one will snap it up!

WRONG....market is very small ESPECIALLY SMALL FOR a PUMA...yuk!

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I agree with the majority and say save your money and when you return from serving your Country then you can buy a real rifle.And when I say a real rifle I mean a Marlin.Thank you for your service. JD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts