Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
792 Posts
Sparky,
Having never owned one or reloaded for it, only tip I can offer is to have fun and enjoy shooting that fine looking rifle. I had it bookmarked on GB, but got sidetracked until after the end. Glad you were able to get it and not end up separated into parts bins somewhere. I have an old Ruger #3 in 22 Hornet that refuses to shoot well, so am thinking it should be rebored to 32-40 (to go along with my #3 in .375 which shoots very well) so I will be watching for chronicles of your adventure and experiences!

· Registered
792 Posts
Thanks miljimbob. I'm looking forward to it. Would that be a 375 winchester by chance? I've been itching for a single shot one of those for awhile now. I'm wondering have you tried tuning on that #3 any? The fella that sold me my 32-20 has had good success getting those Rugers to shoot.
The #3 is a 375 Win and just a delight. Also had a 30-40 Krag that is a shooter, but grandson got that for a graduation gift and is still killing deer with it. The Hornet just seems to be obstinent with anything except 40 gr bullets (hard to find) so I was thinking 32-40 would be lots more fun (32-20 also entered my mind :biggrin:!)

Reactions: Sparky civil
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.