Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ranch Dog's Bench is open. Time to clean off the shelves of the odds and ends that I accumulate over the course of my business. I think there are some very good deals available on these pages.

In the "Clearance" section are the various molds that I reamed, in lot, removing the gas check shank. "Seconds", just some minor tooling marks as noted. "Used" but good as noted. Finally, my "Verification" molds.

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Ranch Dog I here voices that keep telling me...cast,cast,cast. And a couple P M saying get a ranch dog mold. They say roll your own with cast bullets you made yourself...if you have the time tell me why I should listen to these voices :-\
I think I know where these voices are coming from...but I may need another nudge or to :-\

·
Registered
522 Posts
Can you add the clearance TLC432-265-RF 3X3 Gas Check/Plain Base for $42.00 to order #470 that you are holding for me waiting for that 44 Magnum Factory Crimp Die and mail it in that order? Just sent it in as a new order #481 to hold that mold for me to ship with the rest of the stuff.
Thanks,

Tom

ME, you should always listen to those voices as if you don't they will keep buggin you for the rest of your life.

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Tom in Arizona sometimes them voices get louder ;)

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
me said:
Ranch Dog I here voices that keep telling me...cast,cast,cast. And a couple P M saying get a ranch dog mold. They say roll your own with cast bullets you made yourself...if you have the time tell me why I should listen to these voices :-\
I think I know where these voices are coming from...but I may need another nudge or to :-\
I'm not RD...but if I may.

Reasons to listen to the voices are as follows:

1- RD's bullet designs are IMO the best on the market for hunting bullets, they have enough of everything (mainly meplat) without going overboard and sacrificing range. I'm no certified expert on bullet designs...but I've been a "shade tree" ballistics nut for a while, and I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night :)
2- Casting adds a whole nuther level to reloading, putting you in control of even more aspects of the load...it can be wonderful feeling of accomplishment.
3- Its still WAAAAAAY cheaper to cast your own than it is to buy bullets...lead prices are steadily going up, but they'd have to go a long ways up to equal the $1 per bullet that you'll pay for premium jacketed bullets...and the cast bullets kill just as good, often better. EXAMPLE: 1 pound of lead will get you approximately 17 405 grain bullets, that pound of lead (WW) will cost you about $1 off Ebay.
4- Get the stuff, accumulate some lead, learn how to cast....and you'll never be out of bullets again.
5- Just in case...

·
Super Moderator
6,347 Posts
Good job, Ridgerunner665!!
Add to that the "satisfaction" and wonderment that will come over you when that deer or elk falls to "your" cast bullet - priceless!!

Jeff
NRA Life

1 - 7 of 7 Posts