Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
August 31, 2011 will be here before we know it...... 2 1/2 weeks from today!

It is my pleasure to again provide 4 trophies for the 2011 winners.
Open Sights: Rimfire & Centerfire Rifles--- Scope Sights: Rimfire & Centerfire Rifles.

Big Med & Sidespin, please let me know the addresses of the winners and I'll mail them out.
They're all boxed and ready to go!

Thank you to all participants!

Ed
High Sierra Awards
Bishop, CA
877-411-1050

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My pleasure.

Since I can't shoot worth crap... I can at least provide Awards for those that can!

Ed

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Oh, SNAP! I need to get the 100 yard targets shot...

·
Registered
181 Posts
:eek:

I've been watching the calendar advance - quite quickly it seems - towards August 31st.

Made plans to go to the range on the first Sunday of August but the day turned out cold, windy and very very wet with nearly an inch of rain falling.
I must be getting soft coz the thought of tramping up the range through thick, wet clay didn't excite me one little bit. :-\

SO..... with my final opportunity to shoot some more targets worth posting this Sunday, I'm praying for nice weather. ;D

If you could count a 1 shot, 1 hole group at 50yd - I might have a slight chance of beating Rowdy ;D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Okey Dokey,

Made it to the range yesterday afternoon with the .45/70 and .30-30 :D

I've run out of 170gr Sierra's for the .30-30 and my LGS hasn't got anymore - could be months before they get any in - if at all :(
So I tried some new loads with 150gr projectiles - no joy yet - thought I had fluked a good load when at 50m it was a 3-shot group at .6 inch.
Moved onto the 100m targets and 1st shot was dead centre - OH YEAH, 4 more like that please...... but it was not to be. ???

So swapped to the .45/70 at 50m and manged a couple of targets worth posting off. :D

And it's not always that last shot that brings you undone - I pulled the 4th shot on this one.

I would like to say THANK YOU to Big Medicine, Sidespin and Marlin Owners for hosting this postal match once again - I've had fun with it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Couple of targets in the mail today to you Big Medicine.

Not championship winning by any means, but just happy to be participating with y'all ;D

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
HotShot2 said:
Okey Dokey,

Made it to the range yesterday afternoon with the .45/70 and .30-30 :D

I've run out of 170gr Sierra's for the .30-30 and my LGS hasn't got anymore - could be months before they get any in - if at all :(
So I tried some new loads with 150gr projectiles - no joy yet - thought I had fluked a good load when at 50m it was a 3-shot group at .6 inch.
Moved onto the 100m targets and 1st shot was dead centre - OH YEAH, 4 more like that please...... but it was not to be. ???

So swapped to the .45/70 at 50m and manged a couple of targets worth posting off. :D

And it's not always that last shot that brings you undone - I pulled the 4th shot on this one.

I would like to say THANK YOU to Big Medicine, Sidespin and Marlin Owners for hosting this postal match once again - I've had fun with it.
Did someone say – The fourth shot is the tough one? :D

I will agree :eek: that one can lead to some bad work being spoken at the range.

I got a bushel of these, but keep this one handy… What a heartbreaker LOL…

I went ahead and put the fifth shot into the group, just to prove to myself that I hadn’t died an gone to he!!... ;D ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts